What happened to Paleo's post?

david moon

Attempting the Blues
It was in the vein of F vs. E#

I composed a reply and when I tried to post it the original post was gone.
well I'll just paste it in here

Well Paleo- I was going to start answering your questions, but then you did it, and I agree with the answers.
#1. Key of F# would have 6 sharps, so E#, not F. And all the rest.

:ROFLMAO:
I'm giddy with anticipation for lesson two... double sharps! :)

It would just be another half step up. Could happen to notate an "accidental" that is not in the major scale.

Well if you were crazy enough you could write in the key of G#. Extending Paleos table:
C# Major F#, C#, G#, D#, A#, E#, B#
G# Major , C#, G#, D#, A#, E#, B#, F##

But I'm not sure how to put that in the key signature. On further reflection, the F# would be replaced by the F##

You would make it Ab. Notes of the scale:
Ab Major Ab Bb C Db Eb F G

Key signatures for the flat keys
F Bb
Bb Bb Eb
Eb Bb Eb Ab
Ab Bb Eb Ab Db
Db Bb Eb Ab Db Gb
Gb Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb
Cb Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb Fb

And yes I have had sheet music in the key of Cb in musical theater.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
From the breadcrumbs I can see as a moderator, @Paleo deleted his post. Since it was the thread starter, the entire thread is removed.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I thought the post had a lot of good info and was expanding on it. It was weird to compose a reply and not be able to post it because the thread no longer exists.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
It was in the vein of F vs. E#

I composed a reply and when I tried to post it the original post was gone.
well I'll just paste it in here

Well Paleo- I was going to start answering your questions, but then you did it, and I agree with the answers.
#1. Key of F# would have 6 sharps, so E#, not F. And all the rest.

It would just be another half step up. Could happen to notate an "accidental" that is not in the major scale.

Well if you were crazy enough you could write in the key of G#. Extending Paleos table:
C# Major F#, C#, G#, D#, A#, E#, B#
G# Major , C#, G#, D#, A#, E#, B#, F##

But I'm not sure how to put that in the key signature. On further reflection, the F# would be replaced by the F##

You would make it Ab. Notes of the scale:
Ab Major Ab Bb C Db Eb F G

Key signatures for the flat keys
F Bb
Bb Bb Eb
Eb Bb Eb Ab
Ab Bb Eb Ab Db
Db Bb Eb Ab Db Gb
Gb Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb
Cb Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb Fb

And yes I have had sheet music in the key of Cb in musical theater.
Just to clarify how to read the above:
Key of F has Bb in the key signature
Key of Bb has Bb and Eb in the key signature...etc.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
And just for that I've also resurrected my previous avatar.
Total hijack:

I noticed you using this one not too long ago and almost commented then. So, since you're using again, I'll give you your daily dose of useless snarf trivia. I don't have the beatnik chin strap going on like Mr Krebs, but the only hair on my face that isn't shaved is on my chin. I had just left a job I had for several years that didn't allow facial hair. It was a mom and pop place, and the owner said he thought anyone with a mustache and/or beard was just sort of a shady character. I got to my new job, who didn't care, sat down one evening to watch Dobie Gillis while I was eating dinner, and decided then and there that I was growing my chin out. Nothing else. Just the chin. And all because that's how Maynard had his. I've shaved it off once since then, and grew it back within the week. So thank you Mr Maynard G Krebs...where the G stands for Walter because he was named for his aunt. :ROFLMAO:

Continuing the hijack: I've been know to use this pic as my avatar on some other forums, and I think it's the one that shows on my yahoo mail account.

maynard_j_krebs_gif-magnum.jpg