Well... it's actually happening

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
It's been a few years, but theoretically I'm taking a vacation.

I'll still send out emails most days, but barring any unusual emergency situations, I won't be around from the 21st through the 26th. I'm going to attempt to take a v-v-v-v-v-v-v-v-vacation (I think it's called?)

You kids don't burn the house down while I'm gone!

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Good on ya, Chief - ENJOY!!!

I’ll guard the scotch - just mail me your house keys for safekeeping! :)

Kevin

TGBlue27

Title Got the Upstate New York BLUES
'When the cat's away.......of course we'll behave. Where is the shelf with the Good Scotch anyway?

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Since it's always good to have him a little liquored up before our head-cutting duels, most of what I've bought him is Kentucky Bourbon...

Dibs!

Kevin

Works for me. My dad’s a Scot and I’m a die-hard Old Pulteney man, but my second choice would be a Jim Beam black label.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
When my brother graduated from SF State and got his Masters Degree, he went to his favorite liquor store to purchase a "good bottle of Scotch". This was 1972 by the way. The bottle he had in mind was $90. The owner of the store said: "I see you like good Scotch. Come with me to the room in the back". We saw Scotch that began at $180. My brother said he would be satisfied with his original pick. :)

Now when it comes to a good alcoholic beverage, there are two kinds of Scotch. Good and bad. But do not compare Scotch Whisky with Irish Whiskey! You see, the Scotties do not know how to spell whiskey, let alone brew it! ;) The Irish began brewing the stuff centuries before the Scots. By the way, the Scots are one of the five Irish tribes. That comment has always gotten the blood up of a Scott, until I stand up. :) :ROFLMAO:

Give me a bit of Powers Irish Whiskey, and I am extremely happy. It runs in the family. By the way, my dad was half Scottish.

Tom

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
By the way, the Scots are one of the five Irish tribes. That comment has always gotten the blood up of a Scott, until I stand up. By the way, my dad was half Scottish.

Only that last bit saved you, lad. And it's half Scot, not Scottish. ;)

Heh.

Seriously, my lady love is half Irish and I live in a town that does love its Irish roots, so I get it. I'm still not going to drift away from my love of good Highland whiskey. :Beer:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Only that last bit saved you, lad. And it's half Scot, not Scottish. ;)

Heh.

Seriously, my lady love is half Irish and I live in a town that does love its Irish roots, so I get it. I'm still not going to drift away from my love of good Highland whiskey. :Beer:
My ancestors came from Galway, and Cork, and that was in the 1850's. They settled in San Francisco. One of their 9 children moved to Oakland, and he was never forgiven! :)

One way to get the attention of a Scott, is to simply say: "Donald, where are your trousers"? We enjoy giving each other a bit of a rib, but it is in good fun.

By the way, do you know how to tell a Scott from an Irishman in a pub? Simple. Look for a smile. The fellow with the missing teeth is the Scotty. :) The guy holding on to his pint glass of Guinness with a huge smile, is an Irishman. :)

I really enjoyed visiting Irish pubs, and was always invited to sit in with the musicians. So far the Irish pubs in the United States that have Irish musicians refuse to allow you to sit in. It is a different world. :(

We have a British pub down the street from our house, and it is across the street from the new Apple headquarters in Cupertino. Almost everyone that works there is from Mexico. So authentic! :)

It is a small world. It turns out that a cousin of mine lives near us, and she along with her seven brothers and sisters lived in the house that my great great grandfather was raised in. We met them in Ireland, in Moneymore (Galway - there are two Moneymore's in Ireland). They made a very nice DVD of the house, farm, and surrounding area. They said that I looked like their brother Patrick.

Tom