Wayne's 6 Player Sequencial Jam

wgabree

Blues Newbie
I recording this backing track today.  Man, it was much harder than I thought - I learned a lot.  I have not done any mastering or tweaking; it's pretty raw.

There are 6 choruses, so first six climb on board!

Key of E; 108 Bpm; Jimmy Reed  style - old school electric blues; intro starts on V; quick change:

http://www.waynegabree.com/blog/travlin-man

:cool:

1. Beaux
2. JohnF
3. Jon
4. Rog
5. Gary
6. Mpaq

BBOP

Blues Newbie
hey wayne!!
i have to do georges post tmrw and shud be done tmrw nite but after that would you be interested if i added a bass line to that maybe tuesday and throw a lead on there and let it go from there??? love the groove but may need til wed. to pull it all off!!!
up to you??
rog [smiley=beer.gif]

wgabree

Blues Newbie
hey wayne!!
i have to do georges post tmrw and shud be done tmrw nite but after that would you be interested if i added a bass line to that maybe tuesday and throw a lead on there and let it go from there??? love the groove but may need til wed. to pull it all off!!!
up to you??
rog [smiley=beer.gif]
Interested in the lead line - it already has a bass line;  guitar, organ, bass & drums are already there  :cool:

how about if you are number 6?

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
I'm expressing interest... just haven't had a feel for it this weekend. I guess it's frustration with the second chorus of solo 4...

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
Sounds good Wayne, I'll circle back in a few days, if not full I'll put something on...right now having gear issues..

BBOP

Blues Newbie
if its any consalation jon a buddy was over and jammed a bit with him and let him listen to what you mike,wayne gary and everyone did and he wants me to send him the tunes that are done and as they become completed to forward to him so he can download on his i-pod so pull up ur socks and jus play!! other than money thats the best compliment anyone can give!! and yes i double checked with him!! i was in shock too!!! lmao he said were having way too much fun and we compliment each other not try to out play sooo???
hope that helps!! :)
rog [smiley=beer.gif]

B

beauxPatrick

Put me down... is this the key of Bm? My ears are not awake!

very nice track...

bx

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
if its any consalation jon a buddy was over and jammed a bit with him and let him listen to what you mike,wayne gary and everyone did and he wants me to send him the tunes that are done and as they become completed to forward to him so he can download on his i-pod so pull up ur socks and jus play!! other than money thats the best compliment anyone can give!! and yes i double checked with him!! i was in shock too!!! lmao he said were having way too much fun and we compliment each other not try to out play sooo???
hope that helps!! :)
rog [smiley=beer.gif]

The encouragement is appreciated for sure. Could be that I just don't like the tone I've been trying to play with? I dunno, but I've got 8 hours to think about it...

B

beauxPatrick

E it is and I think 3rd will be fine... Bm sounded so close to my ears, I need to have them checked although aural training is my shortcoming for now. I should have just started with E and I would have known.

Thanks.... I just ran through the track and it does sound better in E. Go figure?

BTW.... I have a couple of friends that are not members and who do not have Griff's programs that are envious of this forum and the jam room. I told them they would have to order a course first.

It is a compliment to have someone want to listen to our compositions on their MP3. I load the tracks on mine and listen to them. We actually did a decent job on these... not to mention the challenge and the fun we are having.

Keep em' coming....

bx

wgabree

Blues Newbie
IMPORTANT - I remixed it a little so you can hear the bass better.  If you've downloaded the track already, download it again for the better mix.   :cool:

I'm also going to re-track the guitar;  the tone was all the way down on the neck pickup by accident.  I'd like a cleaner tone.  :cool:

Stay tuned;  still spots open ...

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Hey Wayne,still have a spot open. E sounds like fun.

Sure - you want to be first or second?  I have 3-6 filled.  I'm going to redo the guitar track because it's too distorted.  I'll have that ready in an hour or so.

Was also thinking we should keep it in WAV format until we're done to avoid the degradation from multiple MP3 conversions.  Just means it will take a bit longer to download and upload.  Shouldn't be a big deal.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Sure Gary - keep on eye on the thread and jump in.

I made a list at the top, but that was more for me keeping track then order.

We've got 6 depending on the timing.

Who would like to go first?

Here's the WAV version link:

http://waynegabree.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/travlin-man.wav

(you may need to right click and select "save target as" or "save link as")

It took me about 1 minute to download and 7 minutes to upload it.  Not bad considering we won't loose any quality if we keep it in WAV format until the end.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
How bout #2.
You got it - now we're just waiting for the brave one to go first ...

...how about Jon?  Let Gary take your later spot?  ::)

OK - first person to download the WAV file and play a chorus has it!

http://waynegabree.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/travlin-man.wav