Want simple stereo looper

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Probably a two button pedal thing to make start and stop loop easy?

Something big easy to hit maybe.

Maybe dont need stereo but desired.

Prefer simplicity over too many options.

Im overdue for learning this.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I have used a Digitech JamMan Express XT for a number of years. It was recently discontinued but still easy to find used or sometimes new stock. Stereo (although I've never used it that way), easy to use, and works great.

Last edited:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I have a JamMan stereo. It is actually 2 channel rather than stereo so you can run 2 guitars or guitar and vocal and get 2 descrete chanels one left one right which you could import into a daw. Not sure if the Express XT can do that.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Don't really do loopers but from my impressions over the years the Ditto models are a benchmark for cost and simplicity.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I have a Boss RC-1 and a DItto (original). I've found the Ditto to be more intuitive (Start, Stop, Erase, Overdub). Griff uses the Boss RC-3 (I think). His main complaint with the Ditto is that it's a TC product and he's had some bad luck with TC products (Switches dying). He also uses a FS3X pedal to Control the RC-3, which makes it easier to start & stop the loops.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
OK yeah the Boss RC-1 works really nicely with the Yamaha THR30ii amps.

The yamaha thr30 "looks like" it does not have a useable effects loop but it can be jury rigged.

I took the stereo line outputs from the amp into the BOSS stereo inputs and then took the stereo outputs from the RC-1 back into the yamaha as auxiliary input.

Horrible feedback until I found some hints on going into the guts of the amp config and ( using an app ) set a GUITAR/AMP internal config to 0.

Feedback is gone can do guitar into yamaha ( which is a stereo amp ) get a stereo loop ( say clean channel 12 bar loop ) then hit stop.

Loop plays and can then overdub ( say using lead channel on yamaha ) track or just play along with loop.

Loop stays with what effects it was recorded with ( or which channel / amp simulation it was recorded with ) and gives flexibility on recording additional stuff on top etc.

A great combination. Now I have a foot switch coming soon for the amp and Im all set. ( A bluetooth footswitch ).