Wampler Terraform Multi-Modulation Pedal is out

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
That's nice for around the house or studio, seems a bit too tweakable for a live set
Other than nipples, what can be too tweakable? o_O

If you mean too much fiddling onstage, looks like it has 8 foot-switchable memory slots and is MIDI capable.

Last edited:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Other than nipples, what can be too tweakable? o_O

If you mean too much fiddling onstage, looks like it has 8 foot-switchable memory slots and is MIDI capable.
Guess I should have watched the entire video, that makes it much more attractive.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I'm kinda with @PapaBear on this.
It certainly is very cool and it packs an awful lot of interesting sounds into one box.

My personal experience is, every time I get something like this, I never use it or I only use one or two effects.
There are things I like to tweak but, when It comes to guitar effects, I'm more of a set it and forget it guy.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
My personal experience is, every time I get something like this, I never use it or I only use one or two effects.
I have said for several years that, when Wampler put out a pedal that did the univibe thing, I was going to have it pre-ordered. I'm in no rush to get this one, but I know I will eventually. I appreciate that Brian has said in the past that he wasn't going to put out a copy of a pedal just for the sake of putting out a copy of a pedal, but, instead, would only put one out if he felt like he could do something to it to improve on what was already out. I was really hoping his vibe pedal would end up being a pretty simple pedal, a couple of adjustment knobs, and that was it. The Terraform wasn't what I had hoped he'd do just because I know I would get lost in tweaking it and never settle on a sound or it's another pedal that would irritate me because I settled on a sound I liked after 5 minutes and then never really explored its potential. Like I said, I'm sure it's a pedal I'll end up getting. I'm just not in a rush to get one. Maybe see about getting one after they've been out a few months and find a good deal on a used one.

All that said, watching Brian play with it, it seems like a really cool pedal that does just about anything you want in that modulation arena.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I have said for several years that, when Wampler put out a pedal that did the univibe thing, I was going to have it pre-ordered. I'm in no rush to get this one, but I know I will eventually. I appreciate that Brian has said in the past that he wasn't going to put out a copy of a pedal just for the sake of putting out a copy of a pedal, but, instead, would only put one out if he felt like he could do something to it to improve on what was already out. I was really hoping his vibe pedal would end up being a pretty simple pedal, a couple of adjustment knobs, and that was it. The Terraform wasn't what I had hoped he'd do just because I know I would get lost in tweaking it and never settle on a sound or it's another pedal that would irritate me because I settled on a sound I liked after 5 minutes and then never really explored its potential. Like I said, I'm sure it's a pedal I'll end up getting. I'm just not in a rush to get one. Maybe see about getting one after they've been out a few months and find a good deal on a used one.

All that said, watching Brian play with it, it seems like a really cool pedal that does just about anything you want in that modulation arena.

I'm with you on the timing .I was most interested in the tap tempo and separate controls for the tweeter and woofer on the Leslie and the Univibe. I haven't seen that before, and I think Brian's pedals are well thought out.

I am mostly digital now, although I still use my Alter Ego x4 and a dirt pedal once in a while, so I won't be rushing out to buy it @ $299.

I welcome a lot of options on effects, amps, women and sports cars, because I end up finding things I never would have found if I settled for a one trick pony. My Alter Ego IV has 12 kids of delays and echos I use one for short, one for long, and one for modulation, out of an infinite number to choose from. Others seem to feel too many options are not a good thing for them and that's fine. But as long as I can store it, step on a button, and get it, give me a 1000 or more to choose from. I'll find what I want pretty quickly, and usually end up learning something in the process.

I'm sure I wouldn't use it all, but for the cost of 1 or 2 boutique pedals you get

Auto Wah 1:08 Envelope Filter 4:37 Flanger 7:27 Phaser 10:17 U Vibe 12:30 Rotary 13:45 Auto Swell 17:39 Tremolo 20:51 Harmonic Tremolo 23:19 Chorus 26:30 Dimension 30:05

And it does the in and out pre and post amp cable thing, and you can rearrange effects pre or post and store per preset.

I would trade my Wampler Latitude for this in a heartbeat. Or pick one up used in GC after a year or two.