Vince Gill

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
I am also a fan, and have seen it before, but thanks for posting it, I watched it again. This was one of my Mom's favorite songs, and when my brother and I would play at family picnics and such, she would always request this one, and she would join in. She had a marvelous voice and was often featured soloist in her chorale group and the church choir.

I watched it with a tear. I miss them both so very much. Thanks again for posting this.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
All of the above....Vince has always been one of my favorite players, even though some of the many styles of music he plays are not my favorites.
His playing is SO tasteful and always fits the song perfectly, whatever it is. He is a super well rounded musician / artist.

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
Just today I became aware of Vince and Patty Loveless doing "Go Rest High On That Mountain" at George Jones's funeral. I then went and watched the video on YouTube. Man, what an emotional ride that was. Vince got so choked up that he couldn't sing half the time, so Patty had to carry on. Even when he was unable to sing, he still put in some nice work on the guitar.

So, of course, I immediately went and got the chord chart and started working on it with my acoustic guitar. The chords aren't hard, but I always have difficulty knowing how to strum a song that's as slow as that.