USB stick for playback

Jim Laney

The Dabbler
I have heard Griff suggest many times that you listen to the things you want to play. I've been trying to put the new courses(V 2.0) on a usb stick to play in my Honda Ridgeline truck so I can listen going back and forth to work. I'm having difficulty getting a file structure to work. Has anybody done this ? How?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
could it be because they are video files ?

Maybe if you used VLC media player to sperate the audio from the video file

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Hi James. I also have a Honda, and I have used USB sticks as music-holders for long journeys.

One thing that is worth doing is prefixing your folder-names AND filenames with two digits. Like this

01Folder
01File
02File
03File
10file
11file
etc.

02Folder
01File
02File
03File
etc.

This is an old trick that helps to keep files and folders in a sequence that defeats "assumptions" that are made by the device (i.e. the car's music player). It allows you to use the navigation buttons on the dashboard to move around successfully.

Give it a try.
Chris G.

Last edited:

Jim Laney

The Dabbler
Hi James. I also have a Honda, and I have used USB sticks as music-holders for long journeys.

One thing that is worth doing is prefixing your folder-names AND filenames with two digits. Like this

01Folder
01File
02File
03File
10file
11file
etc.

02Folder
01File
02File
03File
etc.

This is an old trick that helps to keep files and folders in a sequence that defeats "assumptions" that are made by the device (i.e. the car's music player). It allows you to use the navigation buttons on the dashboard to move around successfully.

Give it a try.
Chris G.
Thanks for the suggestion. That will help control relative location in file structure.

Jim Laney

The Dabbler
could it be because they are video files ?

Maybe if you used VLC media player to sperate the audio from the video file
Well I unzipped the audio files so I didn't think I had the video files involved. (Although you can play video files on the Honda system.)
Thanks for the suggestion.