Unofficial May Challenge Recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Another fine product from Texas! Nice work paleo - very innovative and playing for over 4 minutes straight is an accomplishment in itself. As you state, it may not be "spectacular" but it does meet the requirements very nicely.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I was stumbling around the Forum and saw this from papa! Very cool challenge idea!
Really nice job of staying with the cool drum rhythm, Paleo!
(Boy, those drums are really well recorded!)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I gotta jump in here. Those drums sound very solid and I wanted see if I could work my current projects (Texas Hideaway and ABGU) into this drum track. I'm not sure I followed the "rules" exactly, but it's what I had!

MAY Challenge

Thanks, Papa! Really liked the drums!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Paleo and Jmin both sound really good.

BTW, Jmin, there really aren't any rules on this. The whole thing is about timing and playing "out front" without relying on the rest of the band for chord change cues.

Paleo really nailed what I think is the hardest part of this. Playing a lead solo and staying within the 12 bar changes without bass and a rhythm guitar behind you can be pretty daunting. Obviously, it doesn't sound like a full band but it's a heck of an exercise to try and do on your own.

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Not sure I appreciate your new picture paparaptor - somehow you have become a label rather than a person. Or is it just me?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Sorry. I just need to get my mojo workin' again. I've been dealing with Vertigo for the last few days or as I have come to discover, "all the disadvantages of being rip-roaring drunk, with absolutely none of the advantages." The label might help.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
P.B. and Jmin, excellent work! You both have given us all a high standard to shoot for. Been taking a little break from playing the past week or two, so hopefully this will give me the kick in the rear that I need to get back on the horse. I will try to get something recorded this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.