Electric Guitars Tuners?!? We don't need no stinkin' tuners!

What kind of tuner do you like?

• Total voters

artyman

Fareham UK
My experience is that locking tuners don't affect tuning stability l have them on my Les Paul and it's the guitar that always needs tuning Strats stable as anything even with floating tremelos

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I put lockers on my Strat and PRS. As long as they are drop in, as in not requiring redrilling, I'm all in. PRS lockers were very expensive, so I found a cheaper alternative.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I put lockers on my Strat and PRS. As long as they are drop in, as in not requiring redrilling, I'm all in. PRS lockers were very expensive, so I found a cheaper alternative.
Please share the source I need to put lockers on my SE Chris Robertson, I prefer locking because it makes string changing quick and easy

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Please share the source I need to put lockers on my SE Chris Robertson, I prefer locking because it makes string changing quick and easy
Mine are Grovers. I couldn't find the receipt but I got them from Sweetwater. They have added PRS locking tuners on their website I see.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
item # 406C

Grover Mini Locking Rotomatic Tuners 3+3 Chrome
Thanks Mark
Those are the ones I have on my FauXplorer., The hockeystick headstock has Grover lockers. The Gibson headstock shown has regular mini-Grovers.
Grovers-BothViews.jpg

Edit: In case you're wondering what makes them "mini-Grovers," it is the size of the tuning buttons. The actual tuning machines are the same size. The buttons on 3x3 Grovers such as you will find on conventional Gibson headstocks are much larger and would interfere with each other if they were placed on a six-on-a-side headstock.
the tuners are spaced farther apart

Last edited:

Stinger22

Blues Junior
First thing I do on any Fender if not already equipped is install Fender locking tuners. They do make string changes easier and IMO added to tuning stability because you do not have as many wraps around the post especially if you are bending a lot or using a whammy. My Memphis Shop Gibby ES-339 Trad Pro came stock with them.