Tribute to Greenie

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well done!
Loved it.
Nice playing.
Great pipes man, you really delivered the vocals ,take a bow.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

As one who's trying to learn more about recording and mixing, I'm always interested in what others are doing in that regard.
I thought the combination of wet guitar and pretty dry vocals was terrific.
Care to share your set up?

RayStewart

Still trying after all this time
Thanks for all the great comments they are much appreciated.

The Set Up:

Adrian, the other half of the duo is the vocalist.. his voice route is a Condenser Mic, to Focusrite 18i8 then into an Audio Track in Pro Logic X with just a touch of reverb added as a plug in.

All the recording and mixing is done in Logic.

I'm playing a 1963 Gibson Sg Standard Les Paul (side vibrato) into a Boss ME 8O as a pre- amp, no effects added here, then into into Logic via a USB Lead. I selected a modelled Vox A/c 30 from Logic's amps menu and have added gain, vibrato, soft echo with clean guitar compression as plug ins. There's quite a bit of volume automation going on in the mix especially in the backing tracks and lead guitar parts..especially when I move from lead to Rhythm. I've backed off all parts when Adrian's singing to bring forward his voice. You can hear me moving the bass and drums back and forwards quite a bit throughout the track. I personally like playing over bass and drums, it helps with my timing, you can hear their volume increase as I play my parts.

I really like the description of a "wet guitar" as this sums up this sound brilliantly, thankyou.

Since I recorded this I have changed my setup completely and now have a Kemper Profiler so I don't use any of Logic's amps any longer, I have also abandoned the BOSS ME80 and Logic's pre installed amps for much better ones with more flexibility and control.

Hope some of this helps, please don't hesitate to come back if you think I can be of any help or clarity whatsoever?

Cheers

Ray
In the UK

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks Ray,
Good recap.
I didn't realize you where operating as a duo.
Guitar work was great, vocals fantastic, mix well done.