The ultimate cliche a blind blues player

BillKociaba

Blues Newbie
Hi My name is Bill Kociaba. I am picking up the guitar again after a more than ten year break during which I switched to the sax. Came across some of Griffs youtube stuff and noticed he was one of the few guys out there clearly noting which string and fret which is really important since I can't see what he is doing or read the onscreen tab. I live in south florida and am in the fitness industry and am looking forward to interacting with you all...especially when I can't figure out what the heck Griff is talking about(LOL)
Bill

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Welcome! You'll find that people here are super helpful. A bit like a family.
How do you access the forums? Braille refreshable display or really big zoom?

BillKociaba

Blues Newbie
Welcome! You'll find that people here are super helpful. A bit like a family.
How do you access the forums? Braille refreshable display or really big zoom?
Hi, Neither. I use JAWS and for the most part avoid forums like this cause they are a pain to deal with with JAWS but figured I would give it a try. Quite a collection you've got there. I am down to a little Goudin acoustic jazz box. reminds me of the pre cut away Gibson L4.
Bill

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome aboard Bill. I hope you manage to navigate your way around the forum, as it is a great place to get help and support. Enjoy.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum. Just let us know if you have any questions.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Hi My name is Bill Kociaba. I am picking up the guitar again after a more than ten year break during which I switched to the sax. ... I live in south florida and am in the fitness industry and am looking forward to interacting with you ...
Bill
Bill, welcome to the forum. As stated multiple times above, this is a great place for help for beginners like you and me. This recent post of mine is evidence.
What part of South Florida? My wife and I just fell in love with the Keys after spending a few days there after we got off the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise earlier this year.. So much so we spent much of the last day looking at real estate! We'll be back next February. Maybe you and I will be far enough along we can get together and jam!

BillKociaba

Blues Newbie
Bill, welcome to the forum. As stated multiple times above, this is a great place for help for beginners like you and me. This recent post of mine is evidence.
What part of South Florida? My wife and I just fell in love with the Keys after spending a few days there after we got off the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise earlier this year.. So much so we spent much of the last day looking at real estate! We'll be back next February. Maybe you and I will be far enough along we can get together and jam!
WOW! Didn't expect to see so many welcome messeges. That's great. TO Matonanjin I live in Hollywood, just above Miami about 100 miles north of the keys. Thanks in advance to all of you as I am sure I will have questions you will help me resolve.
Bill

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the forum! One of my side jobs is assessing web based instructional materials at a university for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. I often run pages through JAWS to see how well they work. I completely sympathize with what you deal with. A poorly designed and non- compliant website can be a major pain to navigate that way.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Hmm.... I thought the ultimate cliche was an old white guy with 10 expensive guitars and a bevy of expensive tube amps with about two dozen pedals to alter the sound of the guitars and amps? Welcome anyway. :)

Eric

BillKociaba

Blues Newbie
Welcome to the forum Bill! Good to have you with us! :thumbup:
Elio, Glad you have a sense of every time I head to a new website. Its always an adventure. Eric, you left out the most important part of that cliché he has all that gear and still can't play. Think that's why I am going to force myself to stick with the acoustic for a while in spite of the fact that I want to go shopping. again thanks to all of you and also thanks for the responses I have gotten on the other threads I have started. Honestly thought I would get a little war going when I said strat vs LP. but good info from everyone
Bill