The solo you love

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Jeff Baxter is always entertaining and most solos I've heard from him convey a sense of fun. This one is just a fun noodle in a somewhat nonsensical song. Solo starts around 1:33

Steve Lukather does his take on this here (also around the 1:30 mark):

Or this version, again with Jeff Baxter (solo at 2:00) and Joe Walsh (solo at 4:00) on guitars, aided by John Entwistle on Bass, Keith Emerson on keys (who does a really fun solo at the 1:30 mark that leads into the "Skunk" at 2:00) and Simon Phillips on drums.

Last edited:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Jeff Baxter is always entertaining and most solos I've heard from him convey a sense of fun. This one is just a fun noodle in a somewhat nonsensical song. Solo starts around 1:33

Steve Lukather does his take on this here (also around the 1:30 mark):

Or this version, again with Jeff Baxter (solo at 2:00) and Joe Walsh (solo at 4:00) on guitars, aided by John Entwistle on Bass, Keith Emerson on keys (who does a really fun solo at the 1:30 mark that leads into the "Skunk" at 2:00) and Simon Phillips on drums.
Interesting that you would pick him.

Is it Lloyd Hanson? Is it Jeff Baxter? Or are they one in the same?

The legend of "The Skunk" lives on.

And now I have to listen to a 12 hour dissertation on missile defense systems on the way to Lake George tomorrow.

The Skunk LHpg.jpg TheSkunks.jpg

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Interesting that you would pick him.

Is it Lloyd Hanson? Is it Jeff Baxter? Or are they one in the same?

The legend of "The Skunk" lives on.

And now I have to listen to a 12 hour dissertation on missile defense systems on the way to Lake George tomorrow.

View attachment 9124 View attachment 9125
All you have to do is hear each of us play guitar and the difference is quite obvious.

Jack

Blues Junior
I've got way too many "favorites" to choose just one lol. Lot's of Zeppeling stuff, Hendrix, Van Halen, etc. A few that haven't been mentioned:

Solo starts around 1:55

Not a "real" song, but I've always loved "New Lands" from Troy Stetina's Heavy Metal Lead Guitar vol. 2. Couldn't find a vid of Troy playing it but this guy does a darned near perfect version:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I've got way too many "favorites" to choose just one lol. Lot's of Zeppeling stuff, Hendrix, Van Halen, etc. A few that haven't been mentioned:

Solo starts around 1:55

Not a "real" song, but I've always loved "New Lands" from Troy Stetina's Heavy Metal Lead Guitar vol. 2. Couldn't find a vid of Troy playing it but this guy does a darned near perfect version:

love stranglehold