The road less travelled

JeffWhiting

Blues Muggle
Hi Jeff
Welcome. I'm a noobie here too. Also bought BGU 2.0 and about 2 weeks into it. I'm really enjoying the course and so glad I found Griff's website; just what I was looking. I live in the UK also, down in the West Country. Enjoy.
Great part of the country to live in. We regularly try to get down to Cornwall and Devon, in fact as soon as it’s safe I am sure we’ll be along that way. Glad to hear you are a BGU noobie also. Maybe we can compare notes and support each other’s progress along the way.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Hi, I have just signed up to get my Blues and lead playing up to scratch. Been playing acoustic and electric for 30 years, but never (actually hardly ever!) played lead lines. At 68 years old I have some time in retirement to sharpen up my playing with new skills. I am concerned about how fast I might need my fingers to work to achieve a good workable blues base knowledge. Don’t think I’ll ever manage shredding. My initial view of the course has brought up a need to review tab notation, especially timing marks as it has been many years since I looked at music notation. Any suggestions where to look would be appreciated. Currently living in Derbyshire with occasional visits to our house in Spain. Both houses have full guitar and amp rigs so I can carry on the blues sessions wherever we are... (much to the annoyance of the neighbours I suspect!)

Welcome to the forum! This is an amazingly friendly and supportive group that is eager to help. If you have purchased the All Access Pass subscription, you may want to go the courses and look for "The Ultimate Counting Workshop", which was a series of 5 online sessions that Griff did in November focused entirely on interpreting notation and counting. The video recordings of the sessions are all available to AAP members, along with downloads of the PDF materials and worksheets for the homework assignments he gave.