The New GHandtheSBBB album...

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Hi... I got some questions about the release of the album on Friday, I'll try to clarify.

1 - You don't have to buy it on iTunes, you can get it pretty much anywhere you normally get music - Amazon, Google Play, etc.

The only advantage to the band if you get it on iTunes is the fact that they have a "chart," sort of like the Billboard charts. So, if you normally use iTunes, great, and if you don't normally use iTunes, don't sweat it. We're just excited to share the music with you and get it in your hands.

2 - CDs will be available through the CDBaby "store" and I'll have a link soon. I'm not selling CDs through my own website for a few reasons, but I've used CDBaby for many years and they are GREAT for this sort of thing.

Here's the rub... they only let me send 5 CDs for a new release. Obviously, those will vanish quickly and they'll ask for more, but until that happens and they ask for more, if I send more they'll just send them back to me, at my expense.

SO... if you order a CD and they're out of stock, I promise I will send a bunch more Monday morning. If you place the order through CDBaby over the weekend, on Monday they'll tell me to send enough to fulfill all of those orders and then some. It'll only take a couple of extra days.

3 - We will do vinyl at some point, but that's a bit more than my poor brain was able to do right off the bat. I kind of have to see how things go before I commit the cash to make a bunch of vinyls. (No matter how cool they are!)

Thanks for your interest and I'll keep you posted with more info as I get it.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
So sounding like digital only in the UK then unless I pay over the top for shipping.

Actually, now that I look at it again, CDBaby is showing an option of $7.54 for International Air Mail (less if there's no jewel case), so that's still less than the CD cost.

Griff

Staff member
Actually, now that I look at it again, CDBaby is showing an option of $7.54 for International Air Mail (less if there's no jewel case), so that's still less than the CD cost.
It's a digipack, so no jewel case to break. 4 panel color, looks really nice

Griff

Staff member
The CD's vaporized, as I expected, sorry about that...

Put your name on the waiting list and they'll give me an accurate count over the weekend so I can send enough on Monday to fill those orders.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
:thumbup: #2 as I type this. I'm getting a CD on Saturday, but I'm getting the iTunes download as well just to spike the rating.

LOL, I just told Marsha that I pre-ordered it on Amazon, but when I looked last night it was only MP3, so I ordered the CD from CD Baby this morning, then I reordered it on iTunes just to give him a bump on the charts.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
If you have Amazon music you can now say "Alexa, Play Griff Hamlin And The Single Barrel Blues Band"!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hey @Griff Watching the iTunes Blues chart wasn't as much fun as I hoped.
IT first time I looked this morning you were already at #2!!! No waiting for you to slowly rise in the charts.
Who's #1? George Benson
Who's #3? Joe Bonamassa
Pretty cool company.