The Edge is dead

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
No I'm not talkin about U2, I'm talking about my Garmin Edge 510 then I use for cycling for all you cycling enthusiasts. It's been a faithful servant showing me my data for the last 7 years but sadly it is gone awry in the last couple of weeks. The new Garmin Edge 530 I'm not too thrilled about getting because of all the software in GPS problems but I have no other choice unless those of you that cycle have a better cycling computer in mind, let me know

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Send a Private message to @mountain man. He's an avid cyclist and is using something that logs his outings in great detail. He regularly posts his results on his Facebook page.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
For the moment I'm just using my Samsung smart phone with Strava loaded. It works pretty well for now. But it's a hassle to have the old school bike computer on the right side of the handle bar, the HRM on the left side of the handle bar, and Strava on the smart phone in the bike shirt pocket on the back. I've got nearly 43000 miles on the bike and thinking about a new bike for next season. So I thought I'd upgrade the cyclocomputer at that time. I reviewed the Garmin products and I'm not impressed with the reviews. I will probably be going with the Wahoo ELEMNT unit with the HRM and also the cadence extras and have everything on just one computer.

In short, check out the Wahoo ELEMNT.

Last edited:

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
For the moment I'm just using my Samsung smart phone with Strava loaded. It works pretty well for now. But it's a hassle to have the old school bike computer on the right side of the handle bar, the HRM on the left side of the handle bar, and Strava on the smart phone in the bike shirt pocket on the back. I've got nearly 43000 miles on the bike and thinking about a new bike for next season. So I thought I'd upgrade the cyclocomputer at that time. I reviewed the Garmin products and I'm not impressed with the reviews. I will probably be going with the Wahoo ELEMNT unit with the HRM and also the cadence extras and have everything on just one computer.

In short, check out the Wahoo ELEMNT.
I've checked the wahoo Roam but the maps aren't that great on it and the is some rotting issues with it when you go off course according to DC rainmaker.i bought a wahoo speed sensor b4 and took it back. Nor much luck with it. So I'm kinda stuck. Garmin will give me 20% off with trade in so I might do that.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I've checked the wahoo Roam but the maps aren't that great on it and the is some rotting issues with it when you go off course according to DC rainmaker.i bought a wahoo speed sensor b4 and took it back. Nor much luck with it. So I'm kinda stuck. Garmin will give me 20% off with trade in so I might do that.
A lot of the riders out here I follow on Strava are using the Wahoo ELEMNT. Including Levi Leipheimer and since his retirement is riding out of Squaw Valley. He probably moves back to the lowlands during the winter....... He has a lot of KOM's throughout Tahoe as you could imagine.