The Cloneboard

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
The Earthquaker Devices Dunes pedal is hands down the best "808" pedal I have ever found. And I have tried a truck load of them. There is so much magic in this pedal that I have to question whether or not it is possible to build an equal to it at home. But, I thought the same of the Okko.

There are four different OD pedals on my board ... five if you count the grit knob on the compressor. I seldom run just one because I find the real magic is in stacking two or more in various combinations.

The Earthquaker Devices Depths "rotovibe" is the best of five different "vibe" pedals that I tried that would fit into that space on my board. When building this compact board, the word "compact" was every bit as important to me as the pedals on it. I chose the board first for it's size, then went about populating it with the best sounding pedals I could stuff onto it. I was not willing to compromise far enough to do away with my Okko.
If you notice that is the only pedal in the front row that has its I/O jacks hogging space on the sides. From that pedal on, for that front row, every pedal there had to be a pedal with TOP mounted I/O jacks which made finding really great sounding pedals significantly more difficult.

Well now that's a good reason to build your own!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Well now that's a good reason to build your own!
I will leave pedal building to those like MikeR who have the skills, patience and understanding that I don't. If I were to attempt building a pedal like the Earthquaker Dunes it would sound awful if it made any sound at all.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I will leave pedal building to those like MikeR who have the skills, patience and understanding that I don't. If I were to attempt building a pedal like the Earthquaker Dunes it would sound awful if it made any sound at all.

It looks as though I have more self-confidence than you do when it comes to pedal building. I'm confident that mine would make sound, and equally as confident that no one with functional ears would want to hear it! :sneaky:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
So I've finished the Parthenon, Pandora's Box and today the Seabed delay, that is one sweet delay and bet I ain't got $20 in it!

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
So I've finished the Parthenon, Pandora's Box and today the Seabed delay, that is one sweet delay and bet I ain't got $20 in it!

Yeah, I had a Chinese clone of the Deep Blue delay and really liked it, so that's why I picked the Seabed. Just finished the Delegate compressor (EQD The Warden), which is a really nice compressor. Starting on the Cleaver (Keeley Katana Boost) and the Abyss (EQD The Depths) next.