Texas Hideout

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
I didn't purchase the course but from listening to Griff's announcement preview video, I don't hear any chords other than the E, A, and B that you would expect from a 12-bar blues in E.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
It's an E9 in 3rd inversion.

E9 = E G# B D F#

3rd inversion = D F# G# E (no 5th)

bluesrgr8

Blues Newbie
It's an E9 in 3rd inversion.

E9 = E G# B D F#

3rd inversion = D F# G# E (no 5th)
Thanks for the info. I have arthritis and I can't stretch enough without pain to play it. I use a E7 by barring the first 4 strings on the 9th fret and my pinky on the first string 12th fret. Thanks again.

Tom C

Blues Newbie
If you go to the BGU course catalog, there is a link to an MP3 file for Texas Hideout. This link does not work. This is a great song and I was hoping to load it on my phone so I could listen to it. There is also a link for an MP3 file for The Foreman and that link does work.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Any info on downloading the audio file(s) available? There are no links in the course...
Do you own the course?

If so there are links for downloading the video, manual and audio on the intro page under Downloads.

Tom C

Blues Newbie
If you go to the BGU course catalog, there is a link to an MP3 file for Texas Hideout. This link does not work. This is a great song and I was hoping to load it on my phone so I could listen to it. There is also a link for an MP3 file for The Foreman and that link does work.
I just checked, and the link in the course catalog to the MP3 file for Texas Hideout does now work.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I just checked and mine works.
Talk a little about how you are doing it, what computer, what browser...
I'm on a PC using Chrome Browser. I right click on the Zip file and select "Save Link As".
Then I use WinZip to unzip the MP3's They unzipped just fine and play perfectly.

EddieLee

Blues Newbie
Finally had a chance to recheck it. Initially, I only had a link for the manual, but now... I have them all! Vera Noice!