Texas Heat in E

Elwood

Blues
I agree w/ Moto (from another thread), be nice to hear more Papa!

I bailed out on this, at least for now. I'm playin, just nothin I want to hear.

Let's hear someone tear this up now!

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
***RECORDING***

Paleo...Paleo...Paleo... Man, you have changed:Beer:. I don't even recognize you anymore(y)(y)(y). You have been ripping it up lately and you certainly channeled some inner SRV on this one. You made it tough to follow up what you laid down! I gave it a shot from :50 to the breakdown at 1:36. I broke out the Epi ES-339 for this one and was reminded how much fun this geetar is to play!

Texas Heat in E - Paleo-TZ

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
I'm back...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvltakzcs8s5fwh/fnhotTexas E-P-Tx-Ew.mp3?dl=0

Here's all I got. Fun track. I think my mistake was watching Elvin Bishop, he has a bad influence on me. I watched some Johnny Winter to try to get back to that Lone Star, "what in the Sam Hill?" frame of mind...and this is all I got .:whistle:

Paleo and TZ did a fine job starting this off so well!!(y)(y)

1:36 to 2:22 on 595.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I've not been looking for a while, lets see what you boys did.

TZ,
That was smok'n(y)
I can't move my fingers that fast.

Elwood,
Ok, more my speed................and tasty double stops(y)
Nice!

Elwood

Blues
nice swimming Moto!!! :thumbup::coffee::thumbup: What are you playing,Collings??? (by now I'm used to hearing you more out front in the mix, now you play that sweet stuff and mix it back, Intentional? ) Funny how the ol brain is, how we can come up dry one day and fly another (some anyway).

KInda sounds like this one leapfrogged backwards passed SRVish over Winter, Collins, KIng, to just down the road and over the hill from Wills. (probably more over the hill:rolleyes:)

There is still time for it to return to modern reality.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
nice swimming Moto!!! :thumbup::coffee::thumbup: What are you playing,Collings??? (by now I'm used to hearing you more out front in the mix, now you play that sweet stuff and mix it back, Intentional? ) Funny how the ol brain is, how we can come up dry one day and fly another (some anyway).

KInda sounds like this one leapfrogged backwards passed SRVish over Winter, Collins, KIng, to just down the road and over the hill from Wills. (probably more over the hill:rolleyes:)

There is still time for it to return to modern reality.
I heard Paleo's take on SRV so, I put down the Collings and grabbed the strat.
Back in the mix?
Well,,,,,,,,,, on purpose but not planned.
The track was clipping and when I added mine, It went over the top so, I just dialed it back so I could move on quickly without blowing speakers.

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.

Elwood

Blues
clipping? I guess I really am lost. :(That is the one thing I have been looking (and, and, and looking for) and trying not to pass on.:oops: Honest, I thought there was like "two fingers" of room above the track before any tall spikes or ugly red lights.:eek:o_O Please describe it a bit more for my educational benefit and so maybe I can stop passing this on, dang.

Nice playing Moto!!!

I believe my mini is calling.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Elwood,
Not sure where the clipping originated.
Maybe it was on my end when I imported the track?
I didn't bother to try and hunt it down, I just added a limiter to the entire track to stop it there, then dialed back my own contribution so as not to reintroduce it.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing though.

Elwood

Blues
Clipping was me, again. I watched the render yesterday and saw none. Today I see some. It appears to be on the side I ran an open mic on, no matter. I do seem to find, I think, it seems, that the less "processing" (effects) on a guitar track, the more unmanageable it is (for me at least). On the last vjr I used a fuzztwah thing on my screeching second half (virtual with the superchamp) and that signal was well behaved. My odds are better the later I come in the vjr thread, I just need to wait more...more...more...

Moto, your playing is nice, it is just in the shadow of your recording skill. I imagine that is because you are doing that well with it and many of us are hungry to learn. The playing is what you record for (I think) and that is growing well in my opinion.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Clipping was me, again. I watched the render yesterday and saw none. Today I see some. It appears to be on the side I ran an open mic on, no matter. I do seem to find, I think, it seems, that the less "processing" (effects) on a guitar track, the more unmanageable it is (for me at least). On the last vjr I used a fuzztwah thing on my screeching second half (virtual with the superchamp) and that signal was well behaved. My odds are better the later I come in the vjr thread, I just need to wait more...more...more...

Moto, your playing is nice, it is just in the shadow of your recording skill. I imagine that is because you are doing that well with it and many of us are hungry to learn. The playing is what you record for (I think) and that is growing well in my opinion.
Thanks for the kind words.
Lately I'm spending more time and energy trying to learn recording and my playing is suffering (not that it was ever great).
I should spend more time learning the instrument so I have something decent to record.:rolleyes:
If you care to give me some insight as to how you're recording your acoustic and what (if any) effects you are using, I can try to provide some ideas as to how to tame any clipping.
Send me a PM if you like, we can put our heads together there.

Last edited: