Texas Blues in A - Complete

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Top Notch as Always Ted Z

Sorry for the delay technical problem with my mixer and had to shake the rust off after 2 weeks off. I admire you retired guys.

Ate up to 4;10

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z0MgsIz4nnt_27whBCjfzQuHprfUaNlt/view?usp=sharing
Was that Eddie Van Crossroads playing there?:Beer:. That is the first time I have heard a whammy bar and tapping in the same VJR track! You put the Wham in a Whammy. Nice job. Good to see you back here in the degenerate area of the forum.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
TZ - I can just see the smile on your face playing that.:D:D Great stuff as ever.(y)

Crossroads - Wailing, wobbling & howling!!!! Love it!!(y)

Ted_Zeppelin

TZ - I can just see the smile on your face playing that.:D:D Great stuff as ever.(y)

Crossroads - Wailing, wobbling & howling!!!! Love it!!(y)
It was fun but I am beginning to worry that a lot of you are not seeing the fun in it:(.

Ted_Zeppelin

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Very nice Papa! Your 2 minutes of hell initiation is over and you passed with flying colors.
Aw shucks... I should post that jump blues backing track I did on FB Friday night. Wore my ass right out. I'm still recovering. This didn't help!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Papa - That was excellent.(y) You've been hitting the double stops a lot recently, and whet my appetite for them, now I'm going to have to study some more.:rolleyes:
Thanks! i've been listening to some recent Pat Travers and Johnny Winter's later albums and starting to realize they both get/got a lot of mileage out of double stops. They both play stops that aren't necessarily harmonically appropriate, but they add a lot of interest to the solo. I'm trying to figure out which dissonant stops tweak my ears in a good way and which ones sound like mistakes.

Elwood

Blues
You guys are tearing this up! Hot stuff!!!

They both play stops that aren't necessarily harmonically appropriate, but they add a lot of interest to the solo
Nice breaking loose with those! Love it!!! Try to run a click track while listening to some of those old segments, I think you might get a whacky tapper. You used to hear the pace rise and fall a bit, just enough to add to the crescendo when done well. Now we play the proper notes at the proper time. I still love to hear it get loose!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Try to run a click track while listening to some of those old segments, I think you might get a whacky tapper. You used to hear the pace rise and fall a bit,
I've done that a few times. Johnny Winter almost always sped up, sometimes as much as 10 bpm during his solos and his pace was usually fast before he got to the solos.