SWS or Pentatonic Scale Mastery

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
I am working on BGU and BBG, and am a new guitar player.  Well, I played some about 23 years ago, took some lessons, but never got good.

Anyway, would the SWS course or the Pentatonic Scale course be better for me as a supplement to BGU?

I'm thinking of getting SWS and waiting on Pentatonic Scale course until I'm done with BGU.

All comments and suggestions are appreciated.

-=Jeff

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Lefty I do not have the penatonic course so I will not comment on that one. Many on forum to ask about that. I do however have the SWS course and I have found it to be a great help to me. The course itself is not hard to understand . It does however show you around the fret board like no other I have found . I have played off and on for yrs. Started to play leads couple yrs ago and bought BGU 1 yr ago. As well as BBG. I use these courses now as reference ."If you don't use it you loose it" For me trying to come up with my own solo's the SWS course has helped me more than all others. I don't think I would have gotten much out of it with out the BGU course first.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
One distinction is that the Pentatonic course is more about speed, accuracy, finger strength and dexterity and the SWS course more about, as has been said, learning to solo and get around the neck.  I'm using them both and love them equally.  I'm also going through BGU

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
Nice.  Well, vashondan, you may have sold me on both (I'm an easy sell).  Now, can I order both and get to the mailbox before the wife sees them?   :)

-=Jeff

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Nice.  Well, vashondan, you may have sold me on both (I'm an easy sell).  Now, can I order both and get to the mailbox before the wife sees them?   :)

-=Jeff

Glad to be of service.  You can always say that the Vash made you do it! 

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
I live in the Northern California Brentwood.  East of San Francisco.  Out of the smog and into the heat.  It's nice here.  Small town feel, but growing.