Sweetwater...

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Yeah but you would just looking for the underwear ads.
Which ones? ;)

facepalm.png

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
My family always built them on 4 x 4 skids about every 3 months they'd dig a couple more holes 15-20' away, fill up the stinky hole , then hook up the pickup truck and slide it over to the new holes..(in the summer---man they really stink--and you talk about flies--oh lord be)
and that ain't to mention Garter snakes-and Black racer snakes and spiders. (They make you pull your drawers up and inflict constipation upon yourself right now.
"Mommy; Mommy I don't have to poop"--- "David you ain't pooped in 3 days now go out there and poop"--"Oh Mommy do i really have to:cry:"
"Yes--you can take you BB gun"---"OK"---:cautious:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I havn't bought anything from Sweetwater for close to 4 years----Though I got good prices by the time I gave my grandson a little commission (not required) and paid the shipping I might have saved $10---I still got the Martin D-21 or D-28 guitar on the list (been on it for 5-6 years) but I guess when people buy a Martin they keep it. Maybe someday???.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I'll be ok. Kenny Wayne and Samantha were kind enough to schedule their gig the Friday before Gear Fest! We'll have gone south to Indianapolis and had our Mizithra Cheese with browned butter at the Old Spaghetti Factory and returned to Detroit days before Gear Fest starts. Had they been there next week I might get into trouble. Though, I have two acoustics and two electrics already so I can't imagine what I'd buy there. :rolleyes:

By the way, my rep says don't worry about the candy as they can open a card account for you with 48 payments same as cash, no interest :whistle:

Eric
Only two? Do you have enough amps and basses?

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Only two? Do you have enough amps and basses?
I have one amp, well two if you count the IRT studio but I would only use that for an interface, in reality. As for bass I was only counting musical instruments but I do have a couple of basses and a drum set too. :whistle:

Eric

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I'm going there on Friday, Steve, to see Shepard and Fish in the quonset hut out on the back lot. Would you like me to give your rep a piece of your mind while I'm there? :whistle::Beer:

Eric
So I made my quinquennial trip to Sweetwater on Friday. Couldn't find anything to buy. It appears that I have everything I want already. This was my first time to the quonset hut for a concert. It is a nice set up for an outdoor venue. Samantha Fish's band was really good and she can sing with the best of them, I think. She had some equipment problems and had to keep going back to her white SG, but it was a sweet sounding guitar. As good as she sounded with her band she sounded a lot better when Kenny Wayne Shepherd invited her on stage to play with his band. As good as young musicians are there is nothing to make a front person sound their best than a seasoned band. KWS was awesome, but, that was to be expected.

A couple of shots of the quonset hut theatre before the show started.

IMG-0941.jpg

IMG-0942.jpg

IMG-0939.jpg

Samantha looked good and her SG sounded great.

IMG-0944.jpg

KWS was awesome. I counted 25 different guitar faces too. Sorry about the fuzzy photo, it looked good on my iPhone 5

IMG-0946.jpg

Eric

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
That is some set up there, wow. Thanks for posting. I was thinking about stopping there if I end up going to Canada this summer. One day I've got to get up there

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I have one amp, well two if you count the IRT studio but I would only use that for an interface, in reality. As for bass I was only counting musical instruments but I do have a couple of basses and a drum set too. :whistle:

Eric
I'm in the same boat, a "couple" of basses, a drum set and some harmonicas. No accordion yet.:sneaky:

david moon

Attempting the Blues

Eric
So you would like to play in a band with no bass and drums?

I wouldn't want to insult Mark and Chris :sneaky:

Or maybe you mean "in your hands". All in good fun, looking forward to seeing ou in the fall.