Sweetwater...

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Bought my first guitar from SW 6 years ago. It was a decent size bag of candy but wasn’t impressed with the selection. Bought my next guitar from them 3 years ago and I got some candy but was not impressed. 3 candy cane mints (like you get out of a free bowl at a restaurant after your meal) and 2 little tootsie rolls. I like the guitar but if you call that a free bag of candy and that’s what you are sending now, don’t bother. :thumbdown::(
Mine usually has Bit O Honey, Laffy Taffy, atomic fireballs, smarties, tootsie rolls and peppermints

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
That one, one of the PRS Paul's Guitar SE models, and I still need to get an iced tea Epi 335 (American Musical though - can't get that one at Sweetwater).

The last couple of years just about everything I've bought has been used. Kevin, my Sweetwater guy, still calls me about once a quarter. Left me a voicemail last week in fact. I haven't mentioned Sweetwater in my Guitar Gear Anon meetings because I know they'd just tell me I need to cut them out of my life. I'm just not willing to do that yet because they're my friends. They love me. They show me all the new shinies that I can't live without. Dang it! Now I've got the itch. Brb. Gotta go buy something so I can see if they send me peppermints and atomic fireballs or tootsie rolls and bit o'honey.

I get the strauss model, I have everything I could want

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
They are also having a 10% deal when purchasing a gift card. I'm still waiting on that Ibanez RGR5220M, so I bought a gift card and got a $180 credit to apply to the guitar. By waiting for arrival that's a good discount. But man... waiting on this, waited 4 months on the RG5120M earlier this year and waited 6 months for that RG550 DSY last year. Why can't they get their stock in a prompt manner? GC has the RGR5220M at the store in Arlington. Got to get guitars from Sweetwater though. None of the other outlets can Plek the guitars before shipping.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Those guys are great. I still get calls and occasionally an email. I enjoy the catalogs with less gas right now, because for the last year the only way Sweetwater could enable me would be to send me a check!. shrug-smiley (50x50) (2).jpg

Rad

Blues Newbie
I love Sweetwater. Having said that, I always try to buy from the very limited selections in the local music stores here. Most of what I want can’t be found locally or even be found to be tried out anymore so I buy from Sweetwater. I have purchased guitars, amps and odds and ends from Sweetwater very successfully. I have returned my share of items to them, no questions asked and they even pay the return shipping.

Oh ya, I like the candy but it is very clear in my house that I may be getting the musical item but radwife gets first choice of the candy.........Fair enough.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Well my grandson works there---AND I GET KILLER DEALS---Plus notification when something on my wish list comes in VERY SLIGHTLY USED---I can afford to buy my own candy. :):thumbup:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
So for years, I always got better discounts at Musician's Friend and AMS. Lately though SW has been very competitive on price and they must be smoking wacky tobaccy up at Musician's Friend. Also I like being able to deal with one person. But I do have to say I am extremely disappointed in the candy. I used to hear guys rave about it. I thought like I 'd get a candy bar or something, and instead I got like crappy bubble gum and Sweet Tarts and stuff. I dropped a decent amount of cash there recently. I want a candy bar, damn it.

Last edited:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
So for years, I always got better discounts at Musician's Friend and AMS. Lately though they've been very competitive on price and they must be smoking wacky tobaccy up at Musician's Friend. Also I like being able to deal with one person. But I do have to say I am extremely disappointed in the candy. I used to hear guys rave about it. I thought like I 'd get a candy bar or something, and instead I got like crappy bubble gum and Sweet Tarts and stuff. I dropped about $3K there on 2 guitars recently. I want a candy bar, damn it.
Truth be known I don't even eat candy, except the occasional Bit O Honey or Banana Laffy Taffy, I like their customer service and even though my rep is a keyboard player o_O he hasn't let me down yet

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
I got mine, thumbed through it, tore off the back cover and shredded it, then tossed the rest into the recycle.

My wife got her's two days later. She bought me some "stocking stuffers" a few times now they honor her with a catalog all her own. (n) Did the same with her's last night

I really like SW, and my "sales engineer". He has been extremely helpful to me and I can usually get a pretty good deal from him. Not always, but usually.

I'd LOVE to buy local, but honestly, most of the music stores here are either GC, or they cater to band and orchestra.

If you get a chance, visit the SW campus. Seriously cool. If I were a sales type and not a real engineer, it might be fun to work there.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I got mine, thumbed through it, tore off the back cover and shredded it, then tossed the rest into the recycle.

Same, except I didn't even thumb through it. I do just fine GASsing without it, and my beloved spousal unit wants me to ask them to stop sending them. She hates what she perceives as waste, and that pile of paper going ka-chunk unread fits the bill. Just fired off an email to my rep to ask about handling it for me.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Same, except I didn't even thumb through it. I do just fine GASsing without it, and my beloved spousal unit wants me to ask them to stop sending them. She hates what she perceives as waste, and that pile of paper going ka-chunk unread fits the bill. Just fired off an email to my rep to ask about handling it for me.

Amazing how spoiled we all got, once indoor plumbing became the norm! In my day we couldn't wait until the new Sears Roebuck catalogs came out!