Suggestion

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
I am learning the pentatonic shapes across the fretboard staring on any given root. This is going well and helping me learn the fretboard and ingrain the shapes when my finger stops on a a certain string. I can play the shapes but it still sounds like scales to me. It would be nice to know a simple pattern (or approach) within a shape that sounds more like music.

Hope that makes sense.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
My suggestion would be to get yourself some jam tracks in different keys and just start playing the scales over the jam tracks. They will still sound like scales (I know this from first hand experience) but over time, you will become more fluent with making music and not just playing scales.

Danno

Blues Newbie
You could also set a "rule" or two for yourself when you're working with the backing tracks. Something like "no more than three notes ascending or descending in a row" or "only starting from the first or second string" or "no more than two eighth notes in a row."

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Griff's "Major Minor Blues Shapes" course will have you playing the Major and minor blues sounds from each of the 5 "Boxes" in a more musical context.

For each Box you review/play it from its lowest note, then play both the Major and minor pentatonic scales from each G (root) in the Box.

Then a "real world" application transitioning between the sounds in a solo.

It's all "Blues In G", but easy enough to apply to other "keys".