Suggestion: Song Recipes and Charting

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
I'm super keen to see the "office hours" focus on recipes for common blues and rock songs. Especially tying these to lessons from the various courses we own and have full access to. A recent email touched on this topic and I'd love to go deeper on this.

A second topic or mini-course idea is how to chart songs, riffs etc.

As Griff said, most of us are in this to make/play music. Learning more songs and getting the skill level up to participate in a BGLive is a big goal for me.

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Didn't see the email on this, but what a cool idea!! Saw another member breakdown songs to indicate where to play solos, comp, sing, etc. in another post here. But tying into lessons for particular sections, and "recipes" would be awesome!

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Great idea. I was reading an interview with the drummer that plays on tv's, "The Voice," and he was talking about how they have to learn a TON of material really quickly and he has a great shorthand charting method to help remember.

On a lot of my gigs we use simple charts like that to help, so I'll be happy to show you all what we do.

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
Great idea. I was reading an interview with the drummer that plays on tv's, "The Voice," and he was talking about how they have to learn a TON of material really quickly and he has a great shorthand charting method to help remember.

On a lot of my gigs we use simple charts like that to help, so I'll be happy to show you all what we do.

Would love to see that Griff!
Especially interested in seeing how you bring elements from your courses (most notably BGU) into learning songs.