Suggestion for May

Jerry_G

Blues Newbie
Hi Griff, I'm writing this after the April 1 counting lesson on solo #3 from 5 Easy Blues Solos. I had made the comment that counting much of the solos in Slow Blues Supplement is hard. It may be too much to count out an entire solo from that course but it would be good to have you walk us through some measures from selected solos (?). I would also like to hear from you your approach to how you develop these solos (general question not necessarily related to this course). I noticed that though the general theme is to play major over the I chord and minor over the IV and V that some measures you played some notes that were out of the pentatonic scale. Maybe you could elaborate on that that a bit as well. Also, do you play something and then transcribe it or vice versa?

I bought this course when it first came out and it was beyond my abilities at the time though all the material before you got to the solos was instructive and helpful and yes I did go through the easier Major-Minor blues solo course. I've had this on the shelf for so long that I really wanted to give it a go again and some days I can play some solos at full speed and other days (and with solos 3 and 5) I have to use a song slow down software to make it more manageable. I haven't yet taken on Solo 6 but will eventually. Thank you!