Studio One Studio one - the tuner!

Elwood

Blues
just in case one of you have not found or tried it yet....

In S1, over in the browser with the effects is the nicest tuner app.

You drag that onto a track and you have a nice big tuner right in your face. It has a strobe mode! You can drag in onto one track and then just drag that copy from track to track if you use multiple instruments.

I will be using that strobe feature to check intonation next time I change strings, ja joobetcha.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Screen shot of tuner app within Studio One, includes capture of the center meter and the strobe views.
Tuner-composite.jpg

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
That's really cool, guys. I've just been playing with the Chorus as well. Day 2 with S1 Prime and I've got two nifty toys to play with.:LOL:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
There is also a full pedal board to play with and they have just released a souped up version of Ampire. In fact, if you go on exchange Steve Stine has some ready made presets for it.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
There is also a full pedal board to play with and they have just released a souped up version of Ampire. In fact, if you go on exchange Steve Stine has some ready made presets for it.
I watched a bit of a live unboxing and test of the new presets for Ampire yesterday evening here; https://youtu.be/GGoRymicMUI

I didn't get to watch the whole thing as this livestream usually happens at dinnertime, but I caught the last 20 or so minutes of it. I need to watch it again to see what I really think of it. Unfortunately, the guy who runs the live stream self-admits to not being much of a guitar player, he plugged a Squier Strat in and did his best to demonstrate the new stuff.

Full disclosure, the new pack ONLY works with Studio One Version 5 Pro. It will not work with older versions of Studio One. It WILL work with S1 Artist or Prime IF you first buy the full Ampire package (Artist and Prime only come with one amp/cab and no pedal emulation). The Ampire package is $59.95 and the Expansion pack is $39.95.

I haven't listened in depth to it, but in my own S1 Pro installation, I find myself using either the Marshall emulation (which DOES come with Artist and Prime) or the blackface Fender emulation. No surprise there, as those are my two favorites on my Eleven Rack.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Ampire has come a long way in the last few releases of S1, there was a time when nobody went near it but you can get some good sounds out of it now.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I'm not in the studio now, but I believe this tuner can be called up directly from inside the Ampire plugin. I know its a good usable tuner, but I'm not positive its the exact same as the standalone. Its accessible by the tuning fork button near the top of Ampire.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I'm not in the studio now, but I believe this tuner can be called up directly from inside the Ampire plugin. I know its a good usable tuner, but I'm not positive its the exact same as the standalone. Its accessible by the tuning fork button near the top of Ampire.
What he said!
Ampire-tuner.jpg