Studio One Studio One- Show page

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I've been messing around with the Show page, and found it very helpful for practicing my previously recorded songs, as well as some of the BGU solos. Unable to have jams with friends, this is next best thing. Almost all my recording and practice is through amp sims, so its easy to set up my showpage songs with the guitar tones I used to record them. Most songs, I can go from rhythm to lead tones by stomp boxes. On some, though, I've got a more specific fx chain I prefer to use on one song section. Does anyone know how to switch between two different virtual amp rigs mid song? I'm gonna sit and see if I can figure how to switch automatically, or maybe by midi input.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Just as a follow up, I did some noodling with a MIDI control surface.
You can assign amp selection to a slider or rotary, but unless you have the actual Ampire window open at the time, you cannot know for certain which amplifier you have. I tried automating each amp on an individual switch and that is highly unreliable.

I found that it is not practical to automate an amp selection within a single iteration of Ampire.
However, you can place two Ampire iterations in the Insert signal chain and assign control of each interation to a different MIDI signal, so you can toggle between two profiles, but it would require two different MIDI keystrokes (one to turn off iteration#1 and one to enable iteration#2, and vice versa if you wanted to go the other way). The Ampire bypass can be automated, so you should be able to switch Ampire profiles mid-song.

Not sure that would help you in the show page, because the automation would have to be written to an event that is already recorded. At this point, you probably know far more than I do about the Show Page, so there might be a way to treat a channel or event so that you can automate actions on a live signal.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Good Luck!
My brain is already over flowing with DAW.
Keep going, when I get to the show page, I'll know who to go to for guidance.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
An interesting (if disappointing) read on the Presonus forum. I'm guessing from the popularity of the question/request that it will get some attention in future releases.
https://answers.presonus.com/54515/patch-changes-during-song-send-midi-events-external-hardware
Well, at least I know not to search for a solution now. I can make do just running my outboard pedals and fx into the amp sims, but Studio One has a lot more effects and variety than I have in my pedal board. Best be getting back to smoothing out BGU solo 2, I've been putting that off long enough. Thanks.