Studio One Studio One - Recording before you're recording.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
This is just a little tidbit on something in Studio One that's not blatantly obvious, regarding using the PreRoll function and playing a pickup before the recording kicks in.

https://youtu.be/1wGBV78FqVg
I suggest watching this on Youtube. Embedded videos are of a lower resolution than videos directly watched on Youtube.

Last edited:

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Whoa, that's good. Is that setting global for S1 or for the song? Actually why don't I check and see - hold on a sec....

Yes, it appears those Options settings are global, not saved in a songfile (or song template).

I like it, thanks!

PS by "those Options" I mean the ones you see when it says "options" at the bottom of the Options window, not all the options in the menu choice Studio One>Options...

s1options.jpg

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Whoa, that's good. Is that setting global for S1 or for the song? Actually why don't I check and see - hold on a sec....

Yes, it appears those Options settings are global, not saved in a songfile (or song template).

I like it, thanks!

PS by "those Options" I mean the ones you see when it says "options" at the bottom of the Options window, not all the options in the menu choice Studio One>Options...

View attachment 12370

I didn't understand what you meant, but I think I figured it out. The Options are always global, but there are three different (maybe more) paths to arrive.
  1. From the S1 Home screen top menu, Studio One > Options.
  2. From inside a template, Studio One > Options.
  3. From inside a template, Song Setup. At the bottom of the Song Setup window, you see the buttons in your screen capture. Clicking on the Options will take you to the Options settings.
When you arrive by any of these three methods, the options are all identical and they are global.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks Lloyd! That's a cool trick, and another one that I will forget how to use, but hopefully remember that it exists...

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I didn't understand what you meant, but I think I figured it out. The Options are always global, but there are three different (maybe more) paths to arrive.
  1. From the S1 Home screen top menu, Studio One > Options.
  2. From inside a template, Studio One > Options.
  3. From inside a template, Song Setup. At the bottom of the Song Setup window, you see the buttons in your screen capture. Clicking on the Options will take you to the Options settings.
When you arrive by any of these three methods, the options are all identical and they are global.
Sorry for my confusion. It's probably got to do with the way my brain has come to think about settings, I guess. In S1 I am still trying to figure out which switches stay switched until you change them, which ones reset when you close down and start up again (I think the answer to that is almost none), and which ones are (or can be) stored in the song file or template.