Spider and the Fly

Elwood

Blues
It has been way too quiet here for the general public. :(

I've been meaning to do a OMR thing, and I've been meaning to do another VJR track. So here is what happened...an old Stones tune. Boot lips was prancing and singing at this 55 years ago. :D A seasonally appropriate tune. :whistle:

Elwood and the Elbows are at it again...in what key? the key of E, duh:rolleyes:. @100 bpm. No surprises.

The moose gets loose and takes up bandwidth at the start, around 3:33: and again @ 6:10 or so. :p Feel free to play fills, play over, play hookie.....If it sounds a little lumpy, run quick and have a beer, see - not that bad.:cool:

As usual I plopped tons of time on here so if you are having fun, have fun! :Beer:

C'mon guys, this is a struggling band here...some guitar playing (or harp, Fuzzettes, somethin) would sure perk it up. Everyone is welcome!!! (y)(y)(y)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xg8qtca7fltknxp/spider and the fly(2).mp3?dl=0

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Very nice track Elwood. I played around with it for a little bit tonight and had a lot of fun with it. Got me a nice 339 tone going on but need a little more time to try to come up with something decent to add. I will try to jump in for real tomorrow evening.

Elwood

Blues
Good start Mike! (y) It sounds like you are incorporating some of your BB learnings into your improv lines, nice! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

(Sorry 'bout the mix guys. I actually messed with the various levels and tone profiles, and still ended up with this. This morning I listened on my Senn cans and woof, woof, woof, heavy dark bass everywhere. I sure got rid of all the clattery stuff I was after! This is why I am hard pressed to help with "mix" questions (@CaptainMoto ) because I really have a hard time choosing the right sounds and mixing them so that I will like the results after I have been done a while. My ears are just not that smart yet. Like anything else I imagine this gets better (is getting better) over time. I'm trying to get in the playing type of mindset for all the processing stuff, and enjoy the process...:rolleyes:enjoy the process...:eek:enjoy the process...:D)

Elwood

Blues
or in pictographs,

the

th

and the

th

You buzzed right through that one Paleo!!! (y)(y)(y):whistle:(y)(y)(y)

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
***RECORDING***

This was a fun little tune Elwood! I tried to come up with some fills around your vocals, but there wasn't much free space available, so I just quietly played a little riff with your vocals. Hopefully it doesn't distract too much from your singing. I couldn't decide between the solo in major or minor, so like I always do when I can't make up my mind, I did both. Took up some space from 3:30 to 5:42 with the 339 and will be humming this tune in my head all night:whistle::Beer::whistle::Beer:.

Spider and the Fly - MS-Pal-EW-TZ

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Awesome TZ!!! (y)It's all great, that stuff around 5:20 is just cool!!! :cool:I really get a kick out of you liking this tune! :thumbup:I love those silly old tunes that make you smile and tap your foot. No problem with playing anywhere, you should have been louder when I was singing,:eek: and I figured out just now that I should have done this in G anyway. :eek: Sittin, thinkin....

All that thinkin...Hey, no rules remember? A person could sing a verse or two.....

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Just dropped in to see what condition your condition is in.

Who said there's vocals allowed down here? ;)

Cool track Elwood.
Mixing is easy, until you make it complicated.

Mike, nice kick off.
(y)

Paleo, tasty.
(y)

TZ, kinda tame for you but, very well placed.
(y)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
@Elwood ,
Those of us dabbling in the dark art of mixing can be easily convinced we know what we're doing.

Like most things, the more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know.
We have access to so much stuff these days, it's not surprising that we can find ourselves overwhelmed with tools.

Sometimes I feel like I walked into a fine carpenter's work shop with access to all his tools and soon find out I have no idea how to use them correctly.
Sometimes I'm pounding nails with a saw.

Elwood

Blues
Oh boy, you don't have to worry about me thinking I know what I'm doing.:ROFLMAO: I sure thought about you with the ear fatigue thing, I just plain don't notice some mixing nuances. It's like all my resources are used up trying to listen to what is being played I guess. I like nice tones for sure, just can't always tell when I have them, or worse - think it's nice when it's not.

Best part is what you said about a learning site, that and having fun. Griff's MMBS course is helping, slowly (would help faster if I worked faster) with some playing issues, and with all you guys helping I can now get through a session with Studio One. Taking all that and playing here with you guys - That's learning and having fun!!! :Beer:

So, where's your guitar Moto? :D

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Oh hell yeah!!! :Beer: That was the duck's nuts Papa!!!

("Elwood and the Dull Set Tones":whistle:, hmmmmm, might stick with the Elbows.;))

Last edited: