Spark PositiveGrid Amp

Tayport

Blues Newbie
I haven't received a email from Positive Grid but I did get one tonight from Fed Ex to say that a 50 lb package was being delivered tomorrow! Can't wait.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
No PC right now just Android and OS. Maybe in the future, PG has not said.
Yes you can upload and download to Tone Cloud.
Thanks S22 So what I am trying to figure out is it the same tone cloud as BFX2 and BA2 use? If so do you would have the ability to customize your amps or rigs on PC or IOS, using BFX2 , BA2, and\or Bias Pedal and download them to the Spark. I already have all the above, and the portable rig is an Ipad which powers a stomp board so it needs no power, and feeds a battery operated speaker. If I remember I get about 2-4 hours of playtime, before needing recharge.

That transfer back and forth is something PG never said one way or the other, which is why a lot of us jumped ship, as we had been waiting for a floor unit which would tie everything together But if I had a nickel for everything PG said was going to happen and didn't, well you know.:) Anyway glad you are enjoying your Spark.

ronico

rainyislandblues
Man o man it's been tough not to drink the Koolaid! Have lately been going to plug and play without futzing around with digital knobs and chromtulators. Hope everyone enjoys their new toys!! But I'm gonna pass on this one. I think I'm gonna pass on this one. I'm almost positive...….:ROFLMAO:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Man o man it's been tough not to drink the Koolaid! Have lately been going to plug and play without futzing around with digital knobs and chromtulators. Hope everyone enjoys their new toys!! But I'm gonna pass on this one. I think I'm gonna pass on this one. I'm almost positive...….:ROFLMAO:

I hear you. But someone - please protect me from myself! :)

Tom

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I guess that kind of depends on your objective. If your objective is to get a new toy and play with knobs and buttons, that seems kind of wasteful..

But if your objective is to customize and have unlimited amp tones you could never afford with the ability to change speakers, tubes other amp components on the fly, then a digital or hybrid solution might be right for you.

I don't know if Spark fits that use case for me, but if it accomplishes an objective and creates a great tone I'll stick my guitar cable up a cow's ass and play out his mouth. Not sure but I think that's how Moo-er got started.:)

As for others maybe they just like the way their Kool-Aid tastes? And actually it was Flavor Aid that they drank at Jonestown. Cheap badtards.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I hope you all enjoy your new toys! For me, I guess I am a strange one. I have a mustang and have liked it for 8+ years but I find myself not even playing that much anymore. I just love the simplicity, warmth and easiness of my little Monoprice 5 watt tube amp. I’m not dissing any of you at all and I love to read the excitement that comes through in your posts. Excitement and fun of getting new gear and the motivation of playing more with that new gear, that’s what it is all about!!!:) Keep these fun stories coming!!!:Beer:

Stinger22

Blues Junior
I hope you all enjoy your new toys! For me, I guess I am a strange one. I have a mustang and have liked it for 8+ years but I find myself not even playing that much anymore. I just love the simplicity, warmth and easiness of my little Monoprice 5 watt tube amp. I’m not dissing any of you at all and I love to read the excitement that comes through in your posts. Excitement and fun of getting new gear and the motivation of playing more with that new gear, that’s what it is all about!!!:) Keep these fun stories coming!!!:Beer:

I can use my Spark just like that. I have an Fender Twin setting that it turns on to and I use 90% and don't have to touch anything on the amp or have the app running. It can be as simple or complex as you want but even at the most complex no different from a new amp and pedalboard setup.

And you can buy a Spark.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I can use my Spark just like that. I have an Fender Twin setting that it turns on to and I use 90% and don't have to touch anything on the amp or have the app running. It can be as simple or complex as you want but even at the most complex no different from a new amp and pedalboard setup.

And you can buy a Spark.

I totally understand and agree with everything you said, except about the comment “And you can buy a Spark”. Its just where I’m at right now. 5 years ago I would have been on their waiting list, anticipating my new toys arrival. Over the last few years, I have become content with and enjoy the equipment that I have. I’ve actually downsized the herd and equipment that I do have. Besides my 2 amps I still have my awesome Srat that’s in my avitar, a nice Les Paul, a cheap but great Firefly, and my 10 year old cheap but trusty Yamaha acoustic. I gave away my HSS Strat to a friends daughter who plays acoustic but always wanted an electric. The joy that brought her was priceless! I always wanted a Tele, an SG, a beautiful PRS..... It’s not going to happen for me. I am content with and enjoy my gear. I told you in my original post, “I’m a strange one” :p
Like I stated though, I have truly enjoyed this thread. It sounds like an awesome amp. I am happy for everyone who has purchased one. Enjoy in good health for many years!!!:)!!!

Stinger22

Blues Junior
I’m sending mine back. After using it for several days, I find myself standing at the iPad trying to dial in a tone and not playing. And then I realize I actually like my amp and pedals and why am I trying to use something different.
What was so difficult? I had a great tone in about 15 minutes from scratch. I saved it and it's my #1 preset. Didn't even have the tablet hooked up last night just flipped the switch and began playing.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I just joined the cult and took a gulp of the Kool-aid today. After about 8 years of use and multiple repairs, I promised myself that my GDEC-3 would get replaced after the next problem, which occurred last night when the volume pot decided it no longer wanted to actually reduce the volume to 0, when it actually points to 0. It sounds trivial, but I used the line-out for headphones so I can practice late at night without disturbing anyone, and that's hard to do when you can't turn the volume down. Although I love the fact that I can load up it's SD card with backing tracks and lesson audio, the Spark looks as though it can fill the need rather nicely, with the additional ability to handle the bass and acoustic guitars.

I have no idea when it will actually arrive, but I will post a follow-up when it does.