Soundbrenner

DavidLylis

Aspiring Bluesman
I have posted about this before. This is the Soundbrenner Metronome App for phone. If you struggle with counting, focusing on what you are counting, and playing, like me you have to get this. It is free and I have just discovered that it has a digital voice that counts for you beginning with quarter notes and any subdivision down to 1/16ths, and triplets including phrases with rests. I don't know that a steady diet of this is good for you as I can see where it can become a crutch but getting out of the gate with new licks and riffs for beginners it works really well. If you find your counting adapting to what your fingers are doing rather than the opposite, which is what it should be this is very helpful.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Yeah i have been using this for my metronome for a couple years ... definite winner.

Anyone have an app that can listen to a song and figure out speed and time signature?

DavidLylis

Aspiring Bluesman
Yeah i have been using this for my metronome for a couple years ... definite winner.

Anyone have an app that can listen to a song and figure out speed and time signature?
As far as BPM is concerned you can use the Tap feature on the Soundbrenner. Time signature? I am not sure that AI could figure that out. Not sure though)