Electric Guitars Somebody bought one of these

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
I had been watching these since they hit the website about 4 weeks ago. They had 3 of them every day. But now there are only 2 of them. It should arrive at my house this week after they Plek the monstrosity. Here's the deal, a self-help or advice video was watched on YouTube. The guy recommended a drug called, Modafinil. After a little research, it did indeed sound good. I told my primary care physician I'd like to try it. A $15 copay appointment was needed because that particular drug is under some schedule and can't just be prescribed over the phone. But, she gave me the prescription (another $10 for the Rx copay). Modafinil is great. I was feeling so good the guitar was purchased. SW did give a pretty good deal on it. I'll add some pictures of the real deal to this thread after it arrives.

Charvel USA Select DK24 HH 2PT CM - Oxblood

newCharvel.jpg

nvr2old

Blues Newbie
Nice guitar. Look up Modafinil. It’s a schedule IV controlled substance and a drug much like amphetimine used to treat sleep disorders etc. It’s not to be used lightly so please be careful.

aleclee

Tribe of One
Congrats! Not sure how I feel about a Charvel with a vintage trem but I'm not often inclined to kick it old school. ;)

RussellC

Blues Newbie
Awesome looking guitar! With that new Rx, you can stay up all night and play the blues. Sleeping is over rated anyway....Rock on dude!

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
She's here. Haven't had a lot of time to play her yet. But here's my first impressions:

This guitar was obtained because it has stainless steel frets and comes from the factory with 9-42 strings. I didn't want the SW techs to have to try to set it up with different gauge strings. It is also to be "paired" with my Kiesel (with 10-46 strings). On that note, this Charvel pairs very well. The second first impression is that this guitar is light. I'm more used to the heavy duty Ibanez RG Prestige models with the thick mahogany body and heavy neckstrap with the chain on it. After that, the thought was (and still is is) this guitar is not worth $3k. It's a nice guitar, but it won't get played more than the Ibanez RG5120 and certainly a lot less than the Kiesel and RGR5220. The last of he bad is that it has "cheap" dials on it. They'll probably be replaced with chrome metal dome style knobs eventually.

The good is that the action is pretty low and with the Plek there isn't much fret buzz even when playing a little hard. The neck is probably the best feeling neck ever. It's better than the 5-piece Kiesel which is over-the-top good. The pickups (Full Shred and Alnico 2 Pro APH-1N) and the way they are wired is the best ever experienced. Indeed, you really do get 10 different excellent tones. The color and gloss finish is splendid.

I know the more played the more it'll be liked.

cvl1.jpg
cvl2.jpg

cvl3.jpg