Some Assembly Required in G

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I was digging through one of my old websites today and found this track. I don't think it has ever been posted on the VJR. It is homegrown and was part of a Youtube video I did a couple years ago, where I played bass, rhythm, and lead guitar, plus keys. I had originally saved out a copy with just bass and rhythm, but I don't think I ever shared it. It runs about 6 minutes and it's a pretty lazy tune. Drums are from a Jim Dooley track I downloaded from his website.

https://fuzzypinkstrap.com//VJR/2020/clean/AssemblyRequiredInG-2.mp3

MarcV

Blues Junior
Awesome. Probably can't get to it until later today but I will jump in at whatever point the jam is at then. Thanks

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Hey newbie here to this room and may be over my head. Not feeling all that confident after recent BB King challenge but I will give it a shot after Many Moons if okay with you guys
Felt the same way, these gentlemen are awesome, no worries. Jump in, the water is fine....

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Nice job, everyone. I noticed that there were 12 bars empty between @Many Moons contribution and @artyman 's.

If anyone wants to (especially any new guys), please start over with the blank track. There's no rule about one and done here!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Was thinking of starting it over, but noticed the "gap" and decided to fill it in. (2:25 -3:06)

Started trying to upload this 2 hours ago.:mad:

DropBox wouldn't open on any computer.:mad:

Tried Sound Cloud. No go.:mad:

Was going to pack it in, but now DropBox is back up.:rolleyes:

Thought I was just doing a quick one-off.o_O

Don't know if it was worth the frustration.:unsure:

But here it is.:)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/m9fogt30jhhde19/Assembly Reqd G.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Well sandwiched in Paleo.(y) Smooth Arty.(y) Welcome to the dark side Marc.:)(y) Make sure you keep that recording safe and compare it to one in 6 months time. You might be pleasantly surprised.:) Well done on your first effort.(y)

MarcV

Blues Junior
Awesome. Looking forward to others. It is a blast to listen to the whole thing with the different styles and tones.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Isn't this thing assembled yet? Seems to me that a space shuttle from Ikea would have been assembled by now. :) Or how about...wait for it... @FrankL 's videos from Beaufort. What was that 2016?

Last edited: