Solo 5/Played with my American Standard Strat & Garageband

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Sounds good. If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism I think you kind've lost the down beat a bit during the diad (double stop) climb. It may because (at least,it sounds like to me) you're playing both up and down strokes rather than all down strokes. My experience with playing triplets with both up and down strokes is that it's vital to know where you're at in the measure at all times because you can easily end up short changing yourself a beat or two, which is what it sounds like happened. At least to my ears.

Good job. Nicely played overall.

Eric

JohnHanau

Blues Newbie
I went back and visited that part and you are right. It is kind of off kilter/wompy sounding. I remember getting to that point and just not feeling it and not really knowing what to do. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

John

Last edited:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
We like to help each other get better :Beer: and the better we sound the funner we have... er.. or something like that :whistle:

Keep ‘me coming they sound great. 5 easy blues solos is still my favorite course by Griff, and I’ve done a lot of them :love: (Griff’s courses, that is)

Eric