Solo #4 Almost (Post BSBB)

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
If you have Griff's new Blues Speed Building Blocks course you will have noticed that some of the examples come directly from phrases in this solo.

So having worked through BSBB (mostly up to "top" speed) I'm revisiting solos from my past that I should now be able to handle better.

Here's my first attempt. It's still pretty "blocky", but I think I at least got all the notes in there.

And it's way better than I could play it a couple of years ago.:sneaky:;)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/d1hdgf2kwxpu6vs/Solo-4 Almost.mp3?dl=0

Thanks for your support.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Great job, paleo! Sounds like you’ve got every note, perfectly! The BSBB course sounds like a good one.
Keep up the good work!

Whew, you were really moving on some of those phrases. ~1:30, ~1:50, ~2:12.

Well played, it sounds like your practice and BSBB are opening new territory for you.

Keep shaking those strings !

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Whew, you were really moving on some of those phrases. ~1:30, ~1:50, ~2:12.
Thanks.

And you picked out the exact 3 phrases that always gave me trouble in the past (along with a couple others).

They're still not quite right. I think I actually tend to rush them just to get all the notes in.

But at least now I can get to all of them.

Now to "perfect" the rhythm.

Thanks for the support.

(BW)

Better off with the Blues!
I love playing this solo. It’s probably my favorite! It’s a lot to play but it transfers into a lot of little solos if you want it to.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
If you have Griff's new Blues Speed Building Blocks course you will have noticed that some of the examples come directly from phrases in this solo.

So having worked through BSBB (mostly up to "top" speed) I'm revisiting solos from my past that I should now be able to handle better.

Here's my first attempt. It's still pretty "blocky", but I think I at least got all the notes in there.

And it's way better than I could play it a couple of years ago.:sneaky:;)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/d1hdgf2kwxpu6vs/Solo-4 Almost.mp3?dl=0

Thanks for your support.
Dropbox tells me I don't belong here.