Solo #2 Video

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
I posted Solo #2 thread where I played the 24 bar solo one time through.

This one has Griff's backing track, Gone For Good. It has a 4 bar intro, then room 2 play the 24 bar solo 3x. Then there's an outro.

This solo sounds so much like a student. Funny thing is when the recorder or camera is on it's easy to say, "I make a lot of mistakes because the camera is on." Truth be known, I probably make all those mistakes anytime I play, camera/recorder or not. I think without the recorder it's easy to focus on what sounds good while dismissing the mistakes. But the camera doesn't lie.

Okay, I don't own this yet. I can play 24 bars (relatively) mistake-free if I just play it one time through. But playing it through 3 times without mistakes is a little bit more difficult.

I plugged directly into the audio interface (I didn't play through an amp or use any pedals), so the raw guitar track is clean. I added the delay along with EQ and compression in the DAW. The lead sounds kind of like Peter Green with the effects, IMO.

If anyone is curious, the guitar is a relatively inexpensive Loar 280 C...a Gibson copy. It's not bad. The thing I don't like about it the most is that the switch and jack come loose sometimes. Not a big deal, but I don't like it when it happens. Other than that it's okay.

Here's a link to the video https://youtu.be/f5U_UUONHL4

Thanks for watching/listening.

Last edited: