Solo 2 revisited

johnc

systematic
Doesn't look like many posts here lately so I will add one for anyone who is keen enough to listen.
I am just re learning the BGU solos in BGU2. A bit of a journey and not in any order. I changed the last couple of licks initially by mistake but then I liked it that way so that is my little personalisation if you like..
Played on my MIJ Strat, TS9, RV7 reverb, 65 RI DLX RVB amp, SM57,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yeivhl3owzbfdxu/BGU 2 solo 2.2.mp3?dl=0

johnc i appreciate you revisiting this solo and posting it.
It encourages me to revisit it, and your recording sounds awesome !
I visited guitar center today and was coveting a TS-9, hearing yours now with your strat increases my GAS.
I like the clean sound you have going here. Nice touch and timing on the solo !

johnc

systematic
Thanks WIT, for listening and your kind comments.
I guess I kind of like the blues to be cleanish sounding, I only run the drive knob at about a third the way up. I have four different OD pedals but have to say the the TS-9 would be my go to pedal for blues.

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Very nice sound and interpretation. I love having other ideas added or modified to the originals - just so long as they do not turn a silk purse into a sow's ear - which your rendition certainly did not. Very good!

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Sweet. Liked the bit of sugar on some of the bends. Ending was unusual for me having played the solo so many times, but it didn't sound out of place. Well done.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
I like it John! You play that one well. I'm taking some encouragement for my own efforts. Maybe put a little sugar on it as I see fit.

Keep up the good work!

See you down the road! :thumbup: