Solo #2 : BS&T

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Been working on this awhile. I'm also working on solos in BGIAB, SWS & SFTM at the same time.

But these SBS solos are a "bear".

This was the second course I purchased, BGU being the first. In Griff's promo material he talked about 3 levels of playing and I decided then and there that I was going to "shoot for the top". But that was a couple of years ago and I most definitely wasn't ready then.

But I'm gettin' there.:sneaky:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8bxrxdrka8w7d8y/SBS Solo #2.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Ahhhh Paleo, for cryin' out loud, you missed the double stop on beat 4 of measure 21 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D
Just pulling your chain. ;)
Seriously, that was awesome - played with confidence and attitude - excellent!!!
Congratulations!
Tom

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I just sat down a little while ago to watch the video for the next solo and I decided to re-watch Solo 2. I hadn't seen it in over a year.

And guess what. I noticed that double stop. My heart sank. I had thought it was a misprint in the tab. But it was too late. I already submitted it.

And now you caught it, too. Yikes.

And I had also forgotten that SBS doesn't have the tab on-screen. I really miss that.

With all the recent discussion about tab and the bouncing ball I hope Griff keeps on-screen tab in the future.

Thanks for the props & the birthday wishes.

Dick

Last edited:

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
LOL Paleo - there's a word for that - one that I won't use here!!! :D
You done did it good!!!
You know I was totally nit picking a great performance just to tweak you, right?
Tom

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
It's just my obsessive nature. I was thinking about "fixing" it after I noticed it, but was hoping no one else would notice.:sneaky:

Actually, the double stop seems out of place to me anyway.:unsure:

As always, keepin' it mellow.

Dick

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
One could always claim that it's a documented mistake that Griff made when he recorded it. ;)
"Obsessive" - yes, that's the four letter word starting with A that I was thinking of. :D
Tom