Solo #1

Jack

Blues Junior
Here's my try at solo #1. Timing may be a bit iffy at times :) I'd appreciate some feedback on if my bends are to pitch - I don't seem to be able to hear if they are (or aren't) myself.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Sounding pretty good to me amigo! Reminds me that this is a course I bought and never got very far into before moving on to other things. I should pull it back out.

As for your bends, they actually remind me a lot of mine. If you bend to a note and hold it, they're pretty spot on. If it's a quick bend in passing, some of them sound a little suspect, but never enough to be distracting. As an example, the quick bend at about :19 sounded like it went a little sharp, but the one right after it that you held at about :24 was right on the note.

Overall, great job! You played it well. :Beer:

Jack

Blues Junior
Thanks guys!

Bob, that's from the "Slow Blues Supplement" course.

Snarf, slow blues has always been my favorite so hopefully (there's always a small chance) I'll stick with this all the way through :) Thanks for the feedback on my bends, I've been struggling with them for ages now. Griff had an exercise in one of his courses that worked on bends, I'll have to make that a part of my daily routine too I think.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Nice job, the only bend I heard that might not have been to pitch was the one at about 50 seconds in (and same bend at about 60 seconds).