So DAW's

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I want to give a shout out to Acoustica Mixcraft

I started with audacity because its free, then added Reaper, because its free, then pro-tool something or toher that was free

After the pro-tools I added tequila because, well, it's freaking pro-tools and the only way their system makes sense is if you are loaded.

I was getting ready to officially "pay" for Reaper, because I am a firm believer that you should kick back to a company if you use their product.

Finally, I settled on the basic Acoustica Mixcraft 8, then did a $30 upgrade to their pro version. Thye just released their 9 now, and I upgraded to that

Had some questions, Email support was within 2 hours, a follow up the next day, and a thank you follow up today

I love the product, it is feature packed, and includes melodyne and pianomissmo ...............great customer service is the clincher for me. I feel good recomending it to anyone

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Interesting.
I have to tell you, I never even heard of that until I read your post.
I did a tad bit of research and see it gets good marks for ease of use, coupled with pro functionality.
Looks like you found a winner.

I'm all in with you on supporting those who do me right.
There are just too many options out there to give your business to anyone who doesn't reciprocate with quality products and service.

My path in DAWs is similar to yours and I ended up with Studio One.
Most DAWS offer so much more then most of us will ever use.
I believe the key is to get comfortable with the one you choose and get proficient at it.

There is such an explosion of recording gear these days, it's mind boggling.
Even the pros are moving away from large scale studios to smaller home studios.

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
It makes more sense, with computer speed, and ease of technology, you don't need huge mixing boards and multiple tape recorders.

But yeah, I appreciate companies who go the extra mile to earn our dollars

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Yep, never came across that one before. I am also a Studio One user and apart from Reaper, have never used anything else. I guess once you learn the ins and outs of a particular DAW, it makes you reluctant to change to anything else.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I'm also a studio one user, coming over from Roland VS1824 a while ago. Still with version 2.65 as its rock solid and I spend my time playing music, not going through learning curves and system crashes. It does all I need, and I'm too old to waste my time. I'll likely stay this way until my PC crashes or something major happens.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.

My path in DAWs is similar to yours and I ended up with Studio One.
Most DAWS offer so much more then most of us will ever use.

which is exactly why I ended up with Reaper.
I believe anyone of the DAW's mentioned so far would serve me, with my limited needs. I paid the $60 (I think) for it. Anytime I have had a question or problem it got resolved on the forum quickly.