Slow blues in B minor - Complete

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I was just ready to pull the trigger when Mike's post popped up.
BBIAF
Not-recording.jpg

Never mind... Arty beat me to it.

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
If I may...If I might...

Good one Elio, the track and strat work! (y) Then on from MM right on down through Papa, whew! Nice nice, nice. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

For some reason I struggled for hours trying to get skinny audible and under clipping. :unsure: I thing the Mira has me spoiled, it seems really easy to mix into a track. Then I was going to make a smooth ending, but I was so glad I got something to work in the recording I was just grateful for an ending. :whistle:

I just got skinny going today after installing a new Black Tusq nut. Plays great and sounds ok to me.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0xgahau4efuue1g/slowbm-eo-mm-po-ms-rt-pr-ew(2).mp3?dl=0

From 10:31 to the end

Fun way for Sunday (a tad frustrating in the DAW, a "learning experience:D") !!! :Beer::Beer::Beer:

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Wow, I'm glad I posted this one. You guys are sounding really smooth! MM, whatever you are doing is working for you, those are some tasty licks. @Paleo, you took it in a little different direction for nice scenic drive and some cool-sounding musical variety. @MikeS, sounding really good and as always, a really relaxed style. Artyman, great tone and tasty licks, with just the right reverb. Paparaptor, you manage to squeeze out the best tones to accent that bluesy jazzy playing. Elwood, whatever you did to pull it together worked great! Based on that playing, you are clearly enjoying your PRS!

Elwood

Blues
you are clearly enjoying your PRS!
And you are a gracious host Elio. :Beer:
You are correct, I am just gonzo nuts over my new Mira. :love: I think it has sparked my electrical guitarism :whistle: for the time being... however...

This track is the first in a few that I used my Tele Thinline Deluxe (MIM) (aka "skinny") on. I just completed replacing the nut, got it set up nice with fresh strings. It plays real nice and sounds real good, right here. I'm having a hard time getting it to sound "right" in a mix.

@RayStewart great playing and ending! (y) Glad you jumped in on this!!! (y)

Thanks Papa! :D

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I hadn't visited this one for a while, and loved what I heard.:) Some super playing throughout. Well done all.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Thanks again for the track Elio, and thanks to Papa for the work in the PRS (Papa's Repair Shop);)

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Thanks for this Papa, I'm over in the Uk and frequently get to the party late. So its great that I can get in somewhere.
Great support and also glad you liked it.
Hello @RayStewart, if you're looking for somewhere to play, have a look a little lower down in the list and you'll find
"Track for those just starting out in the VJR". It's a slow blues in G and so far only @Marv and I have put anything on it, so there's plenty of time available on the track and it needs some love.

RayStewart

Still trying after all this time
Hello @RayStewart, if you're looking for somewhere to play, have a look a little lower down in the list and you'll find
"Track for those just starting out in the VJR". It's a slow blues in G and so far only @Marv and I have put anything on it, so there's plenty of time available on the track and it needs some love.
Thanks Chris, I've been off for a couple of days so I'l around to it shortly. Thanks for thinking of me.
Ray