Slow Acoustic Blues in A

Elwood

Blues
Well done Wim! Another pretty tune. Nice chord progressions, some whimsical lead fills here and there, and - and- you didn't rush! Your playing is even and smooth and you kept meter.

You sure get some fine sound (tone now) out of that guitar of yours too. (y)(y)(y)

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
Well done Wim! Another pretty tune. Nice chord progressions, some whimsical lead fills here and there, and - and- you didn't rush! Your playing is even and smooth and you kept meter.

You sure get some fine sound (tone now) out of that guitar of yours too. (y)(y)(y)

Thanks, @Elwood.
English is not my mother tongue, so I had to look up the word "whimsical". I like that word.
I must confess I recorded this tune using a metronome.

Wim.

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
@WimVD I sure hope you got the meaning I intended. Like, way too many English language terms, this one can be a double-entendre, not intended here. I meant it as (and I believe you took it as) "playfully quaint or fanciful, especially in an appealing and amusing way", another way of saying "some of your lines felt lighthearted and playful, in a good way".
You're a good man to own up to using the clock. :thumbup: Still sounded great! Meter is one of those things that I'm at odds with in my playing right now, so I appreciate good examples. I'm not just talking about uneven meter, but also listening later and having the impression the flow, or feeling, might have been better if it were faster or slower. In that sense you still played at an appropriate pace, nice.