Shred DVD

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
A few years ago after hanging out and playing with Brett "Papastache" I bought his shred DVD. 2 minutes into it, I was in way over my head, so, basically 4 notes after the introduction.

Put it away. A few months later he came out with another 101 rock licks, in it he stated people complained the other one was wayyyyyyyyyy too hard , dial it back 10 notches.

Monday, I grabbed it for a WTF playing to see if anything has changed, strangely, I am getting through it, not fully up to speed and perfectly clean, but getting through it.One of the exercises goes from one end of the fretboard from top string to the bottom on the other end,with alternate picking 3 notes per string, I am getting it done without my brain being able to know what I am doing............I cant think as fast as the notes are coming

For the record, I credit @Griff Penatonic and scale mastery course. While I don't watch the DVD's anymore, probably should, but I do use it as a speed exercise after a spider warm up, less than 10 minutes through the entire book..................yeah, plugging this course again as I am convinced it is the most important one

Hoping by the end of the year, to be able to do an actual shred style solo

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues

because as of right now, I cant.................i have a weird psychological issue with not knowing something, or not being able to do something.
An example, I am terrified of ledges, and falling off a ledge, standing on a balcony over 4 stories high causes my pulse rate to jump up to a thousand, so, I joined the Army and went airborne

I cant watch a movie without looking up items to see if they are accurate or the science is correct

So, right now, I cant play a shred solo, so I have a compulsion to do it

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
because as of right now, I cant.................i have a weird psychological issue with not knowing something, or not being able to do something.

So, right now, I cant play a shred solo, so I have a compulsion to do it

I get that. I keep going back to Travis picking thinking that some day I'll finally get it. But I'm not getting any younger...

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I've heard lots of warm ups called "spider drills" but the first one in Griff's PSTM, no matter how many times I try, always turns into an exercise in fretting hand muting...:(

I do it one time slow and deliberate, then I go through as fast as I can