Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

I

incj7

Thanks incj7, Nice and I like the bit about "some of the gang" which indicates there are more!!!
A few more, -Godin Exit 22S, Stella very old -  neck is warped but still playable, Fender Mustang Bass, John Grey Banjo and last but not least my first guitar a Sona which I got for Christmas in 1969 I was 14 omg.
On top of that I am still married, my wife has quit asking how much was THAT,  now just shakes her head and gives me the look :)

So the list is Gibson ES 137, Godin Exit 22S, Stella, Fender Mustang Bass, Gibson Thunderbird Bass, Seagull 6 string , Seagull 12 string, Godin nylon SA1, Martin M 21, John Grey Banjo and a Godin Electric Mandolin.

They all get played, and all have different personalities I wish I could have more but divorce is expensive. :)

I

incj7

incj7 ..you have some very nice guitars there.
I bet that Martin is a sweet one.
Thanks, the Martin right now is my Favorite Its the Steve Earle model, it almost plays itself, I don't do it justice yet, I think it gets angry when I screw up

I

incj7

hi incj7
a self playing guitar please may i have one of those ;D
LOL not quite self playing, but when I played it at home the first time, my wife said that sounds different, then a pause
then she said it sounds like something out of a orchestra.

I think the self playing ones are from Guitar Hero :)

johnc

systematic
Just a pic of my EBMMJP.  alright who would know what that means.  (Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci)

Just a test, to remind myself how to do this picture thing. I just replaced the pic hopfully this one is a bit cleaner and sized better.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Love the guitar John! What is that on the first fret? I can't make it out from the pic.

Hey if you get time this weekend, can you try to follow the instuctions I posted for posting a pictures. Check the personal pic as well.

I re-posted my personal pic, and posted a couple in the Test Zone earlier this week (Since removed) using the instructions I posted and I think they work.

Maybe I can understand them because I wrote them, and perhaps I'm over-looking the obvious, or I omitted a step that I take for granted. Maybe I need to simplify the instructions.

If you can follow them, maybe look to see if I could simplify them.

johnc

systematic
Hi Chuck,

It's a great guitar thanks mate, the 1st fret has a mother of pearl inlay with the letters JP featured (John Petrucci)
Sorry it's not a very clear shot, might try again.
I have actually already followed your instructions re the Avatar and that worked OK although I didn't take the last step and replace my Pic but I will do that.  I will check it all through again though.

I also right clicked on your Avatar  photo, pasted the link and it took me back to the Tinipic site where your photo was.  Did the same with Malc C but couldn't find a photo, Tini pic said it was deleted or something like that.  So I am thinking perhaps an incompatable file type but I have asked Mal for that info, see how we go.

Chuck

Staff member
We'll get him there, it can be a frustrating experience posting things.

Pete R

Blues Newbie
Finally, here's a picture of my gear.  It's not very extensive at this point, but that will change...  The amp is obvious, my brand new Fender Blues Junior.  I love it.  Before the BJ, I had a Fender Ultimate Chorus.  Nice amp.  Very loud.  But not for me.  The Strat is my baby, a 1997 American Standard with Texas Specials in the neck and middle, and a Seymore Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge.  Some day when I can afford another strat, I'll probably replace the Hot Rails with another T.S.  On the right is my Traveler Speedster.  I carry it with me to work (I'm a pilot) because I don't want my strat damaged.  The Speedster is a great training aid and actually sounds pretty good all things considered.  The acoustic is a Washburn.  Bought it new about 22 years ago.  My next project is to start building my pedal collection!  Oh yea, and learn to play A LOT BETTER!

nznehv.jpg

johnc

systematic
Excellent Raz, you have almost everything you need, I keep telling my wife that about my gear..

Nice guitars and the traveller looks like a great companion and something Chuck, Dave and Russ and others could benefit from when they are on the road.  Probably work well on a boat too.

Hope you find the time now to do some playing.

Bluewater

Blues Newbie
Re: Show us your guitar - traveler

RAZ - I've played the exact same model traveler guitar. I can say the feel of the neck and overall playability is excellent. I was seriously considering buying one around the same time recently I bought my strat. Anyway that put the traveler purchase on hold for the moment.

Bluewater

Chuck

Staff member
Nice pics Pete. I was thinking of one of the Travelers as well. I carry my strat with me right now as long as I drive everywhere. I do need something a little more Airport friendly.

I think I'll give one a look and see how I like it! Oh, BTW, If a pilot is worried about his Strat while flying, I should probably take heed!

I'll consider that a heads up!, Thanks.

B

Babystrummer

Okay left to right, Washburn 335 copy with Epiphone Dot pups-this things chimes.- In the middle is my Church Punk guitar it's an old Yamaha Strat copy that someone gave me and I put in Mighty Mite pups and painted the pickguard and headstock. It is the cheapest of my guitars by far $99 new I think but has the best action (go figure). On the right is my PRS SE Soapbar II and this thing can sound any way you want it to.  Not sure if it is the P-90's or PRS's volume and tone pots setup but it is much more responsive to adjustment than any other guitar I have played.  Guitar player named it best overall guitar under $599 plus I really like the way it looks.  I also have a little Spider II 30 and a Zoom II pedal that I use for it's drum beats and when I need a different sound I can't coax out of the amp and guitar.

24q8x7m.jpg

B

Babystrummer

Ya the PRS is my baby and it sounds good unplugged even. The Washburn is really a beautiful guitar for the price and came with some decent hardware but is so stinkin neck heavy that I only play it sitting down now plus it has a dead 13th fret in the e string (It's not like I play up there anyways!)

Hey John C I love that Music Man!  Is that second three way switch a coil split?  Does it get in your way of strumming or are you all lead baby?

johnc

systematic
Ya the PRS is my baby and it sounds good unplugged even. The Washburn is really a beautiful guitar for the price and came with some decent hardware but is so stinkin neck heavy that I only play it sitting down now plus it has a dead 13th fret in the e string (It's not like I play up there anyways!)

Hey John C I love that Music Man!  Is that second three way switch a coil split?  Does it get in your way of strumming or are you all lead baby?

Thanks for showing us your guitars, very nice, you should have a few bases covered with those.   Hopefully we will also get to hear them down the track.

Re the Music Man.  The second switch (top) is because it has a piezo bridge pickup for acoustic tones.  It is a 3 position switch to select Normal magnetic picups / Piezo pickup/ or blend.

It also has a coil split in the lower switch centre position.

It has become my fav for gigs because of it's versatile and broad range of tones.  Yet it is still nice and simple.  

I play mostly rhythm and a bit of lead an no the switches have never been in the way, actually very well positioned for quick changes.