Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
What is the bass to the far left?

It's an Allen Woody Signature by Epiphone. Stock except I upgraded the cheap bridge to a Hipshot.

https://www.epiphone.com/Guitar/EPI4W2233/Allen-Woody-Rumblekat-Bass/Wine-Red

One day a while back (before COVID, of course) I was at our local music store noodling around in the bass guitar section, testing out various ones with the few licks I know. This guy came over and was listening for a while, then asked if I minded a little advice. Turns out he's a pretty well-regarded bassist around the area (the store owner told me later). I was all, "Sure!" and he went over and got that one down from the used rack and asked me to try it. I did, and it was like we bonded right away. He said he thought the way I was playing was a good fit for that style of bass and I reckon he was right.

I bought it on the spot and, like I said, only changed out the bridge (in reviews folks complained the stock one didn't hold intonation all that well, and the Hipshot came highly recommended; it was a drop-in fit). I also put flat wounds on it because I learned I prefer that type of string.

I like it so much the uke bass has been a case queen ever since. :Beer:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
What happened to the Kingfisher?

I sold it to a very nice young lady who was looking for something exactly like that but didn't have a lot of money. I gave her a price she could afford and made her very happy.

When I was culling the herd I decided I'd keep the uke bass plus one regular-sized one and the Epiphone won out.

CVTOT

Blues Newbie
I’ve got one, can’t get used to the 34” scale length. Guess I’m going to have to go back to the 30”, much more comfortable.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Here is my new mini board for jams ... 3rd iteration (and final one ... yeah, said that twice before).
I swapped out the Tom's Line Vacuum Stack for the Tom's Line Black Teeth (ProCo Rat), moved the Tom's Line Dumbler down into the front row just before the Plexion, moved the Tom's Line Bluesy (Buesbreaker) to the left one slot, and put the Black Teeth ProCo Rat right after the TS808.

This way I can have either the TS808 or the ProCo Rat running into three different amp sims (Bluesbreaker, Dumble or Plexi). With the ProCo Rat's filter knob turned all the way up, it is very smooth and sustains forever.
BOARD AND PATH.jpg

I have the back three pedals up on a thick wood block to raise them enough for easy stomping without hitting the pedals in front. The Big Joe can power this with every pedal on for 7 hours.
IMG_0944.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Here is my new mini board for jams ... 3rd iteration (and final one ... yeah, said that twice before).
I swapped out the Tom's Line Vacuum Stack for the Tom's Line Black Teeth (ProCo Rat), moved the Tom's Line Dumbler down into the front row just before the Plexion, moved the Tom's Line Bluesy (Buesbreaker) to the left one slot, and put the Black Teeth ProCo Rat right after the TS808.

This way I can have either the TS808 or the ProCo Rat running into three different amp sims (Bluesbreaker, Dumble or Plexi). With the ProCo Rat's filter knob turned all the way up, it is very smooth and sustains forever.
View attachment 14579

I have the back three pedals up on a thick wood block to raise them enough for easy stomping without hitting the pedals in front. The Big Joe can power this with every pedal on for 7 hours.
View attachment 14580
View attachment 14581

I might make book on when the next iteration occurs.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I laid mine out a little differently today. I'm sure it will change in a day or two.
Pedalboard.jpg

RockportTele64

Blues Newbie
Keeping it simple. May add a delay and a fuzz as I play with tone flavors, but I can live with this into my Princeton Reverb. I’ll run it clean for rhythm parts, and then OD for solo time... the red switch pedal is for when I need to take it to 11, LOL.

Attachments

• B501F7E6-59EC-4584-9B6E-673A2734E4C4.jpeg
    B501F7E6-59EC-4584-9B6E-673A2734E4C4.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 14

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
And here is my revamped compact board.

I like the Okko GH more than my Okko Gain+ because of the GH's independent boost. Stacking the Dude into the Okko is a week's worth of smiles playing with all of those great blues tones!

I love the sound of the SD 805 and have retired my discontinued Earthquaker Devices Dunes to keep it from being "abused". I can make the SD 805 sound IDENTICAL to my Ibanez TS808, but the 805 has more gain on tap and much better EQ.

I swapped to positions of the Dude and 808(Dunes/SD 805) so the "808" can be stacked into the Dude.

The Tom's Line Plexion is a better Marshall option than my little HoTone Golden Touch was, and now it is in a more proper place in the chain, after the more mild overdrives but just before the Okko ... so the Okko's independent boost can be applied to it as well ... and so the 805 and/or Dude can be stacked into it instead of the other way 'round.

Four pedals are running on 18V ... the compressor, the EP Booster, the 805 ... all on Xotic voltage doublers ... and the Okko with its own internal voltage doubler - its DYN control varies the voltage from 6 to 18 volts and it completely changes the character of the pedal.

OLD BOARD
MAIN BOARD.jpg

REVAMPED BOARD
BOARD AND PATH.jpg

The Okko is a pricey pedal but worth every dime! http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/okko/diablo/gh#info

I can take this to any jam, they can assign me any crappy back-line amp they want, and this will turn it into a tone monster.

Last edited:

aleclee

Tribe of One
Here's the latest iteration in my gear journey. Wanted to use more outboard toys with my Helix but the resulting rig was more size and weight than I cared for. When the Quad Cortex (lower left) was announced, it seemed like a great device that would let me get everything on a board. This board is basically the same size as the Helix Floor that it's replacing.

f9649c8e335445c813e372a104b36d85.png

For those curious about the other stuff on the board (clockwise from top left)
  • Junction box that lets me plug in and bypass the wireless
  • Line 6 G10S wireless
  • Boss SY-1
  • DS Engineering Chronograph (clock, countdown timer, stopwatch) because I don't think it's cool to be looking at a watch when performing
  • Digitech FreqOut
  • Two DOD mini expression pedals (one generally for volume, one generally for something else like wah, whammy, etc.)

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
You didn't have to wait long.
A trial and error approach is ... a trial and error approach.
There is absolutely no way to put together a truly functional pedal board any other way.
Here is the latest iteration. Will it be the FINAL one? Until you see yet another iteration here, yes. :)

The Vacuum Stack with the gain set low as shown is a very good equivalent to the Bluesy Bluesbreaker but not Brit at alll ... very "overdriven Fender" ish. I am very happy with it. The HUSH pedal is essential when the Plexion is stacked into the mix for those "Gary Moore" type things or the 808 is stacked into the mix. I am very happy with this configuration.

BOARD03.jpg
BOARD02.JPG

Last edited:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Here are the three Tom's Line pedals on my mini board. I am VERY impressed with these inexpensive pedals!

Good ol' raunchy Marshall.

American high gain stack, but sounds GREAT for blues with the gain set low (very "Fendery" crunch).

Marshall Bluesbreaker (low gain pedal, but a little more edgy than the Vacuum Stack with its gain set low).

And of course the venerable TS808 Mini.

Last edited:

DavidLord

Blues Newbie
I'm a beginner (at 56) so it's all new to me. I have a Fender American Pro II Strat, an American Ultra Tele, and an Eastman T/59. Running through a Line 6 Pod Go Wireless out to KRK studio monitors and a HeadRush 108 for some in the room amp sound. Fortunate to have a studio apartment above my garage that I use as my office and now guitar studio.
IMG_2965.JPG IMG_2966.JPG

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
I'm a beginner (at 56) so it's all new to me. I have a Fender American Pro II Strat, an American Ultra Tele, and an Eastman T/59. Running through a Line 6 Pod Go Wireless out to KRK studio monitors and a HeadRush 108 for some in the room amp sound. Fortunate to have a studio apartment above my garage that I use as my office and now guitar studio.
View attachment 14794 View attachment 14795

Darn nice setup:D:D now I have to clean/straighten up my office/guitar spaceo_O:rolleyes:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

That's a sweet set up (y)

Looks like you've got every angle covered.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

You must be a very disturbed person! Look how neat your area is! WHAT"S WRONG WITH YOU??????