Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Latest project, now ready for show-and-tell, is my third pedalboard iteration. I crammed 8 mini pedals on a 12" x 7" piece of plywood, so it's pretty dense. Chain is TCE Polytune2 tuner > JHS Foot Mini Fuzz > Ibanez Tube Screamer > TCE Corona chorus > TCE Flashback delay > TCE HOF reverb > Xotic EP Booster > TCE Ditto looper.

View attachment 10550
The delay and reverb will probably be always on (or always off), depending on what I'm playing through (amp vs PA vs ???) so they can be out of the way like that. Again depending on amplification, I may insert a Tech 21 Blonde Sansamp in between the overdrive and the chorus. It will just sit on the floor next to the board:

View attachment 10551
A man after my own heart ... a really compact pedal board! dvs, you are a very good crammer! :)

I have two, and they can be daisy-chained as below. The one on the left is my main board about as wide as the length of one of my size-14 sneakers, the one on the right is my super-mini that can be powered by the Big Joe lithium power box or with the Big Joe bypassed and powered by the bigger board. The vol/wah sits in front of whatever I am using.

The super-mini is great for jams when there isn't but a few minutes to get set up and all I need is a little OD and a bit of slap-back delay. Just plug it in-line with my guitar and good to go.

IMG_0646.JPG

11460066_800_small_da44f589-d918-4991-9bf0-f673596aea7f_540x.jpg

Last edited:

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Love the bass, what brand is it? Steinberger nspired but not a Steinberger

EDIT: love the guitars too, they have the right amount of character. Interesting how they brought the pickup selector switch down to th main cavity.

Dewesq55

Blues Newbie
Love the bass, what brand is it? Steinberger nspired but not a Steinberger

EDIT: love the guitars too, they have the right amount of character. Interesting how they brought the pickup selector switch down to th main cavity.
I don't remember what brand the bass is, but I'll check it out and get back to you. It is Steinberger licensed, I believe

Jezz

Blues Newbie
Pedal board looks very good the downstairs guitar, is it a les Paul junior I can’t make out the headstock?

Dewesq55

Blues Newbie
Pedal board looks very good the downstairs guitar, is it a les Paul junior I can’t make out the headstock?
I built it myself. It's kind of based on a double cut LP Special. That's the look I was going for: Mahogany slab body, twin P-90s, tunomatic bridge and stop tailpiece.

Doug E.

Blues Newbie
Picked up today my new to me used American Standard Elite Thinline tele. I reside in Indianapolis and the tele that I wanted was located at Guitar Center in PA. Yesterday morning I went to my local GC and made an offer on the guitar. My sales person made a call to GC in PA and with a couple of offers and counter offers I told them to ship it. This was about 11:00am yesterday (Wednesday). Before I could get home I received an email that my guitar had been shipped. Here it is the next day (Thursday) and about 1:00pm I got another email that my guitar was ready to be picked up. The condition of the guitar and shipping more than met my exceptions. Just felt I had to give a thumbs up to GC.
View attachment 10452
Congrats..!

ChicagoCharlie

Blues Newbie
Bless Me Father for I have Sinned!
I changed the pickups in my guitar.

Everyone needs a nice hollow body. Bought it in 1973 at the now long gone Hilltop Music store in Virginia Beach when another customer walked in the door and said something like "This has to go, I've gotta get a Strat for a of couple of country songs the band is playing." Been a long time ago, I think I paid 275 or 300 dollars.

A complete refret or two and a couple of string changes and now the year is 2020.

And I did something back then that I really shouldn't have done and have turned out incredibly well. I replaced the P-90's and sold them. As for the pickups in the guitar, they are 1973 ES-175 Gibson Jazz guitar pickups and they were ordered out of the Gibson parts catalog for that year. Over the years these pickups have mellowed out and aged well. The Gibson 57's are an inferior creature to these old gems. The guitar still doesn't sound like a jazz guitar .. yet .. to say it sound incredible isn't enough - touch of bounce in the bass and complex smooth highs. Its an amazingly fun guitar to play and absolutely nothing like the current standard issue Epiphone Casio's with baseball bat necks. Since I've never posted a picture of any of my gear and came e across this one today, I decided to come clean with a confession.

. 252.JPG

The question still haunts me. What would have the original P-90's be like?