Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
The current Hateful Eight that have slots in my active rack:

family_of_eight_guitars_09sep2019.jpg

From left to right:
  • Fender Kingman acoustic bass ("Thumper")
  • Kala Journeyman Ubass
  • PRS Angelus 6-string acoustic ("Mahogany Rose")
  • Ibanez AEG 12-string acoustic
  • Home built Stratocaster (with Warmoth body and neck) ("Spincaster")
  • Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster ("Woody")
  • Gibson Memphis ES-339 ("Corbie")
  • Danelectro 59X12 12-string electric
Not depicted (case queens):
  • Yamaha SLG-200 "Silent Guitar" (probably will sell)
  • PRS Kingfisher electric bass (on the fence about whether to keep or sell)
Since (according to Gibson execs) the average guitar player has eight guitars I guess I've finally made it to "above average." :Beer:

Last edited:

ChicagoCharlie

Blues Newbie
I've been watching, and occasionally commenting on member guitar rigs. Time to share mine, now that it isn't in a shambles.View attachment 8395

Really nice rig.

Price not considered, which would you rather play - your LP Studio or a LPC and why?
I've got a LPC but always seem to enjoy picking up a LP -Studio [ any Studio ] a great deal more than my LPC.

Nice amp, which model is it? What channel did you buy it for and has your channel choice changed after the honeymoon?

I've got a last production run of the Mesa Express 5:25 1x]12 [Celestion V-30] and bought it for the crunch and blues channels. Over the years, I've migrated to the clean channel and push it with an old FD2. The clean channel is absolutely incredible on this amp - tight, smooth, and easy to control.
And forgive me if I don't answer you. I post and get lost very easily.

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Really nice rig.

Price not considered, which would you rather play - your LP Studio or a LPC and why?
I've got a LPC but always seem to enjoy picking up a LP -Studio [ any Studio ] a great deal more than my LPC.

Nice amp, which model is it? What channel did you buy it for and has your channel choice changed after the honeymoon?

I've got a last production run of the Mesa Express 5:25 1x]12 [Celestion V-30] and bought it for the crunch and blues channels. Over the years, I've migrated to the clean channel and push it with an old FD2. The clean channel is absolutely incredible on this amp - tight, smooth, and easy to control.
And forgive me if I don't answer you. I post and get lost very easily.
A lot of questions there!

I don’t know that I can answer whether I prefer a Studio vs. a custom. I’ve only played one, but I’ve never owned one, Thus I’ve never had the opportunity to develop an opinion. I can tell you that I go in phases. I’ll really dig my Tele for a few weeks or months, then the Strat, then the Les Paul... currently I’m most in love with my Taylor acoustic, as I’m going through the How to Play the Blues Alone course.

As for the amp, it’s a Mark V:35. Originally I got it for a very lame reason... I’ve always wanted a Mesa Boogie. And I’ve always dug the “Boogie” sounds, like a Fender but with something extra that I could never find. Felt like the Mark series would give me a range to find what I wanted. I went with the 35 watt, because I wanted something house friendly, and finally I just went momentarily stupid and got it with the bubinga cabinet. All that and I love this amp!

I found that “sound”... it had to do with the way the treble/mid/bass ton stacks are approached to be sure, but for me it’s more the post gain EQ section.

I was first drawn to the Fat, Crunch and Mark II+ sounds. I’ve gravitated to the Clean setting on the first channel and remain a fan of the Mark II+ on the 2nd channel.

I’ve been playing around with various drive pedals, but aside from a fuzz, I keep coming back tot the driven tones of the Mark II+ settings.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Trying out my amp stand with my simple blues rig. That plus standing farther away from the amp do make the effect of the V-Power knob much more dramatic.

View attachment 8954
I'm an advocate of getting your amp off the floor and pointing towards your face.
SpeakStand.jpg

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Unloading and re-stowing of gear after BGU NE 2019 is finally done; just finished getting my music room back in order. The Acoustasonic I play direct into the Bose L1 (it has a tone match setting for acoustics); the rest go through the Bias Mini modeling amp and then via a cab sim/IR into the Bose.

music_room_07october2019.JPG

Slofinger

Blues Junior
My recent build. An archtop hollowbody. With Strat pickups and a maple fingerboard. When you build a guitar just for the fun of it, you can do crazy things like that. I didn’t have any idea what to expect, but I think it sounds pretty good. After building mostly Flying V’s lately, it sure feels funny playing a body this shape. I changed my routine on this one. I have not done the final wet sanding and buffing yet. Thought I would give it more time to cure and see if there were any modifications to the guitar that had to be made before I go to all the work of buffing it out.F415D026-81F9-4F2C-B4D9-FC791E822049.jpeg

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
yeah, building from scratch definitely affords a different degree of freedom from assembling parts guitars.
Is the single knob a volume or tone or ...?

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I took the wise advise and got a nother guitar in the same color of others. This strategy has worked well for me in the past hiding my new acquisition in plain sight of the wife without her noticing. So I put it next to the others and now I can't tell which is the new one? Dang!

gibson shapes compress 2.JPG

Oh wait! I keep forgetting, I don't have a wife...... :Beer::Beer: