Shodai Lesson 2 & 3

Shodai

Blues Junior
Well, week two with the Study Buddy and keeping on track. I think this might actually work!

Had some issues with Lesson 2, rhythmically. Specifically, at the end where it ends on the I chord on the first beat of the last measure. Getting my fingers to move from the V chord to the I chord quick enough to stick it was hard work, but I think I managed a reasonable attempt.

Lesson 2

Lesson three was unexpectedly challenging, since it was so sparse. The "itch" to actually play something made me push the beat and come in early, or lag and come in late. Hit the wrong chord more than a few times while practicing. Finally played an almost perfect take, only to realize I hadn't armed the track, and it didn't record.
Finally got it done, though, and here for your consideration... be kind, I'm old.

Lesson 3

We will reconvene in two weeks for lesson 4 and 5.

Equipment:
Lesson 2 was played using the neck position pickup on an Epiphone AlleyKat, directly into a Tascam 2488.
Lesson 3 was played with the '85 Fender Strat, neck position, directly into the Tascam 2488.

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Enjoyed your posts, keep at it. Thanks. I'm at the same stage as you are with BGU2. Hopefully I'll have the diligence to see the course through. My problem is I jump around from course to course, never really completing any of them.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Enjoyed your posts, keep at it. Thanks. I'm at the same stage as you are with BGU2. Hopefully I'll have the diligence to see the course through. My problem is I jump around from course to course, never really completing any of them.

I had the same problem. So... I put an ad on Craigslist for a Study Buddy. We're going though the course together, and keep each other on track. It puts some accountability into the course.