Route 66

jporzelius

Blues Junior
Hey Guys,

My band is thinking about adding this song. I remember a lesson from Griff before a BGU Live many years ago. I also remember seeing a video from a BGU Live with a group of BGUers playing an awesome version. If any of you have videos or links to a version you'd like to share, I'd be grateful.

thanks,

jim

jporzelius

Blues Junior
Thanks guys. So many great versions of this song. Keep them coming. Although, I think I have to study the UK BGU video cuz what could be more classic than an American guy learning a quintessential American blues rock song from watching some British guys playing it? I think this has probable happened before :)

sloslunas

NM Blues
My favorite version of this song is done by Asleep at the Wheel. Saw them many times at a local watering hole in Golden, NM. The great thing about Golden was that the only thing in town was a bar, with a big stage, and a big dance floor. People would come from all over, as they were there very often. People would lay their lids on the tables and start rolling 'em for everyone's enjoyment. There were absolutely no rules other than respect all others. Man, we had some great times watching these guys. And, they loved New Mexico!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA3Por20ex4&list=RDBA3Por20ex4&start_radio=1

Steve

artyman

Fareham UK
You're always welcome to come over to the BGU-UK jam later this year, we've had visitors from the US before, even Griff has appeared in the past !

jporzelius

Blues Junior
You're always welcome to come over to the BGU-UK jam later this year, we've had visitors from the US before, even Griff has appeared in the past !

I've been over twice in the past 6 years. Just haven't timed it right to attend the jam. If I get over there again I will absolutely time it for the UK BGU live. That would be super cool.

jim

david moon

Attempting the Blues
You will aslo notice a lot of communication going on, mostly non-verbally, anticipating what comes next and following the lead.The local musicians playing bass and drums were right there with us.

Thanks "Gibson Girl"