Revolvers Solo #2

Revolver

My fingers hurt
I have the week off so I've been trying to play as much as possible.

Here is solo #2. Let me know what you all think!
I found the bends hard to hold to the correct pitch. I messed up that first sustain right at 20 seconds :(. Its a little flat at first I think. I can never get them to sound just right, and sometimes can't tell if I am flat or sharp...Any tips for that?

https://soundcloud.com/user-578708857/solo-2

Gear used:

-1962 Reissue Strat (left handed) 2001
-Orange Crush 20LDX practice amp
-"Lenny" Boost pedal from J Rockett Audio Designs
-Zendrive overdrive from Hermida Audio USA (original model)
-MLX Condensor mic (I forget what model but its definitely on the cheaper side)
-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface with Pro Tools 11
-Waves API plug ins for EQ and Compression

-Revolver

Last edited:

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
You're making good progress! You have all the notes and sounds like you know what the timing should be as you get really close. The bends will come with time. Fret the note your bending to before you practice your bends. Your ear will get calibrated fairly quickly. Just keep checking them with the fretted notes until they become second nature.

Kill your notes cleanly after their count. That includes the bends. Don't leave them hanging out there moaning after their time is past :censored: (like I tend to do).

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Last edited:

bills10733

Blues Newbie
Sounds good. I think the bend pitches will come with time. If you really want to get precise try turning on your tuner and bend to the pitch letting the tuner give you feedback on your accuracy. Timing was great.

Revolver

My fingers hurt
Thanks for the feedback guys! I appreciate it. I love how at the time I record it (just last week) I really felt like it was great...and already I cringe at some spots..ha! Thanks again

-Revolver

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
I have the week off so I've been trying to play as much as possible.

Here is solo #2. Let me know what you all think!
I found the bends hard to hold to the correct pitch. I messed up that first sustain right at 20 seconds :(. Its a little flat at first I think. I can never get them to sound just right, and sometimes can't tell if I am flat or sharp...Any tips for that?

https://soundcloud.com/user-578708857/solo-2

Gear used:

-1962 Reissue Strat (left handed) 2001
-Orange Crush 20LDX practice amp
-"Lenny" Boost pedal from J Rockett Audio Designs
-Zendrive overdrive from Hermida Audio USA (original model)
-MLX Condensor mic (I forget what model but its definitely on the cheaper side)
-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface with Pro Tools 11
-Waves API plug ins for EQ and Compression

-Revolver

Hi... don't know what it's supposed to sound like, but it's sounding pretty good to me; the slightly 'missed' sustain wasn't too bad... Nice tone, too! Good job.

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
PS: Don't worry too much about your bends... they'll improve as your fingers get stronger and your ear improves (and it WILL!); the fact that you can tell they're not quite there shows you have the ability to determine what does sound right... It's just a matter of practicing the technique now.

Larry H.

Mojo Enabled
Thanks for sharing the recording. I now see that it can be done. I need to keep working. It sounded really good and it was great to hear where you get to keep working. It made me feel better as to mine knowing I can get there like you have.